SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2011 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2011 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 25-05-11, 03:30 PM   #1
The Idle Biker

Default Travelling oop North from down South

Hi folks, 300 miles to get to the AR is a tough ask for this Southern nancy and even if I take a few diversions I know I'm going to have to do plenty of boring motorway riding.

Not sure of what's gone on in the past but are there usually plans for a meet for example Oxford, Birmingham or somewhere? What's the story?
Old 25-05-11, 05:35 PM   #2
rictus01
Mega Poster

Default Re: Travelling oop North from down South

Normally grounds from the same area will meet locally and travel together, keep an eye on the regional sections, or start a post yourself, alot depends on what time people are kicking off and how much time they have for the journey, some take the friday off and others travel after work that day.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-11, 03:11 PM   #3
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Chances are that many of the Soho and Selkent bunch will ride up in one or two groups, depending on bimble/hoon it needs.
The last few years those involved have met at The Ace, quite near to an arranged time, and set off together, often arriving at the same destination at roughly the same time!

Course, they might decide to do it differently this year ...
Old 27-05-11, 08:38 AM   #4
hongman

Mmm cant wait!
Old 31-05-11, 11:51 AM   #5
The Idle Biker

tbh the thought of covering that distance on motorways on my own is a bit daunting. I'd probably get bored and fed up. I'll try and link up with a few nearer the time, cheers.

That reminds me, must buy tent, must buy luggage, must buy sleeping bags, must buy stuff!
Old 31-05-11, 12:17 PM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
tbh the thought of covering that distance on motorways on my own is a bit daunting. I'd probably get bored and fed up. I'll try and link up with a few nearer the time, cheers.

That reminds me, must buy tent, must buy luggage, must buy sleeping bags, must buy stuff!
I can lend all that stuff if you want/need, well the tent/luggage/sleeping bags anyways, stuff is a little too general to say whether I can also lend that.

Let me know

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-11, 03:59 PM   #7
The Idle Biker

Cheers Soulkiss that really is bloomin' nice of you. I'd really appreciate the loan of a tent. Thank you very, very much indeed. You now have a good few beers in the credit bin from me.

Luggage and sleeping bags, I'll need to get anyway. Stuff is my way of saying I don't have a clue yet of what I'm going to need. As long as I don't forget my credit card and breakdown cover, I'll adapt to whatever comes my way.

Cheers again.
Old 31-05-11, 05:41 PM   #8
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

I understand there will be some MoFo's representing. Not sure of the route yet as I'm not sure where we're going. But thats fine as I never organize anything anyway. But where in the from down south are you?

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-11, 09:38 PM   #9
The Idle Biker

I don't want to answer, what is a MoFo?

Anyway, I'm in Haslemere, Surrey. I know Swindon a bit, at least the football ground, the retail park with the train in it, innit, the Ramsdens Chippy, George Whites and ...............my in-laws house. For the last reason only
I try to steer clear.
Old 31-05-11, 10:10 PM   #10
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Quote:
I don't want to answer, what is a MoFo?
You'll find out soon enough...

Quote:
Anyway, I'm in Haslemere, Surrey. I know Swindon a bit, at least the football ground, the retail park with the train in it, innit, the Ramsdens Chippy, George Whites and ...............my in-laws house. For the last reason only
I try to steer clear.
Haslemere, no idea where that is. But you have forgotten Swindon's center of culture in that list, The Magic Roundabout.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote