SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-08-17, 04:06 PM   #21
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Inconsiderate Driver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
would you call a biker inconsiderate if they parked in a car parking space if the motorcycle only spaces were full?
Not unless the space was marked "CAR" or "CARS ONLY"
Old 10-08-17, 04:28 PM   #22
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
No doubt an opinion formed from many years of Police work...
No mate, it's an opinion formed from living in an educated civilised society. Sure, we get frustrated when we see people abusing principals we believe in, but lets keep this in proportion shall we? They've parked inconsiderately but not caused anyone the slightest inconvenience and people are suggesting that justifies subjecting them to thousands of pounds worth of damage? Give it a break please!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 07:53 PM   #23
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I should point out that the sign I put up was in a car park where we each had a designated resident's space we paid for. So the idiot I had to deal with was parking across two spaces, neither of which was even his. And he did it regularly. We're not even sure what point he was trying to make by parking diagonally aside from his car being an Impreza and he was probably so scared someone might open their door into his precious car he used up the whole bay. I had the full support of my neighbours.

I got to a bike bay in Lymington last year and a scooter had parked across the whole of the very limited bike bay. Me and Stu picked his 50cc up and moved it right into the corner then parked our fully panniered adventure bikes alongside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-17, 08:17 PM   #24
shiftin_gear98

I personally have never keyed or thought about keying or damaging someone's property. I was attempting humour with a take on a certain SV build we have recently all been admiring where a simple stripe on the side made all the difference. That was all.
But then I'm not a tosser, unlike a certain Range Rover driver.

I am however like several other members on here sick of **** takers in our civilised society. And no Lance, I wouldn't class parking in a parent and child bay as out of order if no disabled spaces. I have 3 kids, I also have a wheelchair bound niece who is 12.

But as also said, life's too short. Let's move on.
Who's gonna tell us something else we can all moan at?
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 08:20 PM   #25
shiftin_gear98

Or let's all grab our keys and some petrol and a lighter and get the buggers.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 08:33 PM   #26
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

The Business School I attended had very limited parking. The bike bays were frequently taken by cars and the facilities guys took great delight in gluing DON'T DO IT AGAIN notices on their side windows for first offences and right in front of the drivers position for subsequent. As a mate of ours on the course was in a wheelchair we were also careful to shop any lazy **** who used the only disabled bay we had, prompting several arguments with lazy people who could only say "but there are no other spaces". We would dare them to go inside and leave their car with several of us loitering beside it, idly flicking the wiper blades, while one of us scampered in and got security to come and shout at them (the guy was a huge ex serviceman and scared the **** out of us when we'd done nothing wrong). Ian even got his own specially added space right beside the door in our final year with his name on it so it could be watched by security but of course it became a magnet for even lazier delivery drivers... This was all 30 years ago - nothing has changed.
Old 10-08-17, 08:52 PM   #27
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
No mate, it's an opinion formed from living in an educated civilised society. Sure, we get frustrated when we see people abusing principals we believe in, but lets keep this in proportion shall we? They've parked inconsiderately but not caused anyone the slightest inconvenience and people are suggesting that justifies subjecting them to thousands of pounds worth of damage? Give it a break please!
I would have no sympathy if someone torched it. However I was more suggesting of a situation where the rules actually get enforced. Then no-one would have a problem with him parking there cos he would get a penalty/clamp/towed away. And guess what? Then he wouldn't park there. Problem solved. No frustration, no criminal damage. Not so hard really is it?
Old 10-08-17, 09:14 PM   #28
Red ones
Mega Poster

We occasionally get cars parking in bike bays at work.

I just have a quiet word with the parking enforcement guy. He then posts the fixed penalty charge. Oddly enough I usually find the space clear.
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 10:34 PM   #29
Trev B

Didn't we have a short spell of " show us your bike parked where it shouldn't be " or something along those line,and remember many parked under NO PARKING signs,think long and hard guys,it's a jungle out there !
Old 11-08-17, 08:16 AM   #30
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
No mate, it's an opinion formed from living in an educated civilised society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
...think long and hard guys,it's a jungle out there !
Now we've got a convergence of opinions for opposing reasons. Given the choice, I'll go live in RH's world