SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-09-14, 11:36 AM   #11
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country
Default Re: Ar 2015

To put as a suggestion, if people are receptive to a longer distance ride (I'm talking 180+ miles) southern Scotland would be doable from the Ar14 site.

The few that did the Sunday route this year will say, the AR ride was just a taster

sent with the power of thought, through the medium of magic marker

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 11:53 AM   #12
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Maybe i should put a bid in for AR2015 to be at The Macdonald Hotel, Kinlochleven. Sadly you'd never get it that far north. Above Manchester is too far for some. Can you imagine the carnage there'd be if I lead an AR rideout... YIPPEE!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 12:07 PM   #13
SvNewbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
Maybe i should put a bid in for AR2015 to be at The Macdonald Hotel, Kinlochleven. Sadly you'd never get it that far north. Above Manchester is too far for some. Can you imagine the carnage there'd be if I lead an AR rideout... YIPPEE!
I'd be well up for it, if you can arrange for it to be in one of the 2 weekends a year with decent weather and, of course, if I don't need to renew my passport to get there
Old 10-09-14, 12:16 PM   #14
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
AR10 was in wales and it was the best AR I've been too.
Agreed
Old 10-09-14, 12:35 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

i dont think where is the problem i think the lack of spare cash is the problem. the AR and the GM attendance numbers have been falling in recent years. also the lack of new members not knowing what the AR or GM is and dont know if they are entitled to go.

the AR is the Annual Rideout event and the main sv650.org once a year get together and all are welcome to attend.

the GM is the Glencoe Massacre and is held in Scotland and run by the Ecosse members and all are welcome to attend.

you also have other gatherings set up by members like TOGMIE and so on.

every event is organised so EVERY member is welcome to attend.

if your a new member and looking at this thread then i can tell you now that you are entitled to go to the AR, GM or any other organised event on sv650.org and will be most welcome no matter what event. geeezzz you can even organise one of these events if you wish.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 02:03 PM   #16
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca View Post
That statement works both ways though

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 02:58 PM   #17
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Wales would do me. I go to an AR ''IF'' it appeals. This year's appealed greatly, I've not been to Northumberland. I couldn't go to the last Welsh one as I was pregnant. All the ones inbetween didn't appeal, so I didn't go.

This rule would apply wether I lived in the north or the south. I really don't care how long I have to ride to get there. As it showed at the GM, I crashed my bike en route, stuck it on a breakdown truck and arrived at Kinlochleven in the car, because the event really did float my boat.
I'll likely be living down south at AR time next year, that doesn't necessarily mean I'll attend an AR in the south on my doorstep.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 04:01 PM   #18
AJC

I would like it to be in the lakes, basically because I like it there. However I used to live in Wales but didn't have a bike at the time so that would appeal as well.

But if I have to do motorway miles heading south might as well do it properly, so, Italy?...
Old 10-09-14, 04:08 PM   #19
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'll go anywhere apart from densely populated areas, i dont like them as it gives me a sore head. i dont see the point in going for a ride and having to leap frog cars all day.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-14, 04:10 PM   #20
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The journey to the AR can be as much as an event as you want to make it too.