SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-12-04, 02:05 PM   #1
snoopy

Default The Collector for dual exhausts.

Good day all.

I've mounted the second high level exhaust and used some cloth and zip tags to secure the pipe end as I don't have the collector yet. As I can't go down to Kent (rene hq) and Rene won't sell a collector I'm going to get my uncle to weld one up.

Could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeease send a picture of the collector unit so I can match one up?

Many thanks, Andy.
Old 04-12-04, 02:33 PM   #2
BURNER

I could sell you a spare back section then you could post that Rene and they'd make you one up. Swop them over and keep the original.
Old 04-12-04, 03:07 PM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Collector for dual exhausts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcharnley
Good day all.

I've mounted the second high level exhaust and used some cloth and zip tags to secure the pipe end as I don't have the collector yet. As I can't go down to Kent (rene hq) and Rene won't sell a collector I'm going to get my uncle to weld one up.

Could somebody pleeeeeeeeeeease send a picture of the collector unit so I can match one up?

Many thanks, Andy.
Well all the mod is 'is a hole cut on the left side of the middle section with a bit of tubing welded to where the hole has been cut. The second link pipe then attaches to that. Obviuosly you have to get the angle right. Personally I would be inclined to buy a middle section from Burner, send it of to renegade to be modded and sent back to you. Postage should would be too expensive. You aslo get a blanking cover for the left side incase you need to run with just one can( attach a road legal can MOT for example). Might save you a bit of mucking around in the long run.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 03:26 PM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Collector for dual exhausts.

Quote:
I've mounted the second high level exhaust and used some cloth and zip tags to secure the pipe end as I don't have the collector yet. As I can't go down to Kent (rene hq) and Rene won't sell a collector
Probably because they dont have collectors in stock. Its all down to the person sending in thier own collector for modification. When SV's all over SV land where having twins, then they used to have at least one collector on an exchange basis.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 03:39 PM   #5
snoopy

The mod itself seems simple enough. A tiny bit of pipe with a circle cut in the other then welded on. The block for MOT might be more difficult but I'm sure I could find something that would block it for 15 mins.

I would pay the £60 I just run the bike every day and can't afford the time to send the part off. I've also another problem - its impossible to get the bloody stand down with the exhaust fitted!
Old 04-12-04, 10:30 PM   #6
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Quote:
its impossible to get the bloody stand down with the exhaust fitted!
That should not be the case. With my first set I had fitted the side stand worked as normal.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-04, 10:49 PM   #7
snoopy

Oh it works still, its just impossible to kick it down because the pipe's in the way.