SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 05-06-06, 08:16 AM   #21
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Shame you couldn't make it!

Me Jordan had a good blast. Weather was lovely, a bit on the hot side but good when we got going.

The ninja is an animal!
hooligans!
Old 05-06-06, 01:41 PM   #22
thor

Oh yeah. We got a few beeps on the way to meeting you two.

Bromley to Hyde park in 1 hour dead is pretty good, even on a Sunday. I think I even managed to surprise Jordan a few times! :P
Old 07-06-06, 10:04 AM   #23
Bear

So, we made it 100 of the 300-odd miles I had planned before my mate stacked his Thundercat into a hedge... He's ok, but the bikes slightly scuffed. Shame really. he's been thinking of giving up the bike for a while, and I think i was convincing him to stick with it up til that point

Now he's gotta do some repairs before selling it, which isn't a happy occurence. I've tried to convince him that it's Gods way of telling him NOT to give up a bike, as he only crashed when on his last ride, not his first, but he doesn't see it that way...
Old 07-06-06, 10:12 AM   #24
thor

He might have stacked it because he wasn't "feeling it"?
Old 07-06-06, 10:20 AM   #25
Bear

Yeah. I think he was just pushing it a bit too hard. It was a deceptive left hander (I nearly ran over the line) and (judging from his 'Chicken strips') he's not that comfortable leaned over... Just a shame that he probably won't learn to GET comfortable leaned over coz he's giving up

Another one bites the dust I guess. I'll do my best Jedi Mind Trick stuff on him for the rest of the year, tho...
Old 07-06-06, 10:25 AM   #26
thor

Weird time of year to give up.

Just get him watching moto gp. Always makes me want a hoon.
Old 07-06-06, 11:22 AM   #27
Sudoxe

Quote:

Bromley to Hyde park in 1 hour dead is pretty good, even on a Sunday. I think I even managed to surprise Jordan a few times! :P
Where did you stop for lunch?

Should be 30 - 45mins max, wuss!

Dan
Old 07-06-06, 11:58 AM   #28
Fizzy Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigbunk
Yeah. I think he was just pushing it a bit too hard. It was a deceptive left hander (I nearly ran over the line) and (judging from his 'Chicken strips') he's not that comfortable leaned over... Just a shame that he probably won't learn to GET comfortable leaned over coz he's giving up

Another one bites the dust I guess. I'll do my best Jedi Mind Trick stuff on him for the rest of the year, tho...
good luck persuading him to stay at it - but hey if his mind is made up you've always got us!
Old 07-06-06, 12:03 PM   #29
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe
Quote:

Where did you stop for lunch?

Should be 30 - 45mins max, wuss!

Dan
Well Jordan was leading, he's such a slow coach.
Old 07-06-06, 12:03 PM   #30
Bear

Thanks mate. Cheers for being so welcoming on Friday too. I may try to organise another ride in about a month (next time I've got a weekend off) so I can finish the route I had planned...