SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 31-10-08, 07:35 AM   #1
pegasus
Mega Poster

Default Scotland '09

Well???????

Is it time to start planning yet?????

Purrrrrllllleeeeaaasssseeeeee Mr Tick Tock!!

Can we do the whole of Scotland like we did a couple of years ago? eh eh eh!!!!

I,ve got the first bottle of Scotch already packed

pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-08, 08:45 AM   #2
Dicky Ticker

Default Re: Scotland '09

Ah-----a
Old 31-10-08, 08:49 AM   #3
Foey

Oooooohhhhhhh, how many days is that then huh huh, when are we going huh huh, got to get the A/L booked cmon cmon cmon.

O mighty route planner, could the trip incorporate the wallace monument, a nice fish & chip dinner followed by a visit to the nice pub in Oban & not forgetting Ullapool.
Old 31-10-08, 10:27 AM   #4
Dicky Ticker

Ah----sorry the phone rang. SO, we already have interest in the Great Glayva Trail in pursuit of the perfect fish supper,all performed with much drunkenness and debauchery[In the best possible taste of course]
I suppose the starting point is a date and the duration of the extravaganza.
I favour the end of June,1st week July.
Leaving on a Friday so that with a overnight stop,poss either Kendal or a Travelodge we can arrive in Stirling late morning,giving over the remainder of Sat to Wallace's Ornament and pursuit of the Glayva Quest on the Sat night commencing in Baker St.Eating at approx 6:00pm
Sunday spent repairing sorry heids and a visit to the castle and old town jail and then a short ride up to the Loch Lomond YH in the evening,stopping off in the metropolis of Balloch to sample their fare.

Monday take the scenic route to Oban,where after being suitable watered and refreshed we collapse overnight.
Tuesday, up the Great Glen to Invergarry along the Road to the Isles to Kyle of Lochalsh taking up residence in the evening at Broadford YH.---I-of-Skye
Wednesday.scenic route via Gairloch to Ullapool and "Lunge" on the sea wall in a state of soberness[Maybe]
Thursday short ride over to Dornoch and recovery mode [Dry evening,YEAH, and cook for ourselves in the YH]The Glenmorangie Distillery is nearby and may require a tasting visit and the purchase of a few samples to pass the evening in the regal surrounds of the castle,that being the actual YH
Friday,easy longish ride to Pitlochry where a check can be made on the chips with curry sauce.
Saturday, A couple of photo shoots via Scone, the Kingdom of Fife and the Bridges en route to Stirling.
Sunday,down the 68 and stop the night in either Durham or York YHs.
Monday,home and a long soak in the bath

As per norm this is as always open ended,but a rough outline on my part. Should anybody wish to add or detract from the criteria please feel free to do so.

I would like to remind all who maybe interested that my YH membership is only valid for six persons,so names would be useful starting with
Pegasus
Foey
D.T.myself
Leaving three empty spots

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 31-10-08 at 01:59 PM.
Old 31-10-08, 10:47 AM   #5
Dicky Ticker

I know this is well early regarding the proposed excursion but plenty of notice is no bad thing,plus it gives peeps time to save their pennies,bearing in mind it is approx 1800miles,nine nights accom at approx £16,plus food and spends money
Fuel approx £200
Accom - £150
Spends - £400
------
£750

Youth Hostels in Scotland
Stirling
Loch Lomond
Broadford [I-of-Skye]
Ullapool
Carbisdale Castle,Nr Bonar Bridge[This is allegedly haunted]
Pitlochry
Stirling

Please click on the SYHA SITE for further details of each location

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 31-10-08 at 12:31 PM.
Old 31-10-08, 11:58 AM   #6
Quedos

fish n chips - the allanwater cafe in bridge of allan is the best!

hmm i'm sure we can fit in somewhere
Old 31-10-08, 02:02 PM   #7
Dicky Ticker

Allanwater Cafe is also OK breakfast------Square sausage in rolls--three please
Old 31-10-08, 02:35 PM   #8
gecco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foey View Post

O mighty route planner, could the trip incorporate the wallace monument, a nice fish & chip dinner followed by a visit to the nice pub in Oban & not forgetting Ullapool.

Unless there's an Esso Garage next to it.

NO
Old 31-10-08, 02:47 PM   #9
Dicky Ticker

This aspect has already been taken into careful consideration--Stirling--Oban--Inverness--Stirling. Any other times I will purchase the local brew unless there is an ESSO within 50miles

Last edited by Dicky Ticker; 31-10-08 at 03:11 PM.
Old 31-10-08, 06:58 PM   #10
-Ralph-

I may join you for part of this, only this time I won't be joining for a Scottish section alone. It'll either be the ride up or the ride down, plus a wee bit of that Scottish bit in between.

I'm moving to the Midlands you see! See my post about softie southerners in SV Ecosse.