SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-11-08, 07:41 PM   #1
missyburd

Default Money money money...

... is a distinctly crappy factor in my life at the minute.

My student loan has eventually come in today, but it is more then £100 short of the amount required to pay my landlady. Great.

The additional income assessed loan which I know I am more than enough entitled has not been granted me, for the third year in a row. I am not from a rich family, far from it.

I have to apply for a financial contingency fund from the uni which will take a good month or so to process, of course it will be too late by then. I couldn't have applied for it before then because I needed my loan in before I can fill the form in.

I gave up my job down here (I worked through first and second year) in May, as I knew I would need the time for studying, am beginning to wish I hadn't.

What is even more infuriating is that the Student Loans company give the loan in 3 lumps, the last dollop for the last term is bigger than the first 2, despite the term being just one month then!!! Where on earth is the sense in that!

It just pi$$es me off beyond belief. I have had to borrow a small amount of money from a couple of good mates (something I rarely do because I absolutely HATE doing it), thinking I could pay them off as soon as my loan came in, now I'm worried I won't be able to.

My landlady has just been round this evening and after negotiating living expenses and such we have come to a much more evenly split payment schedule. Phew, that's taken a right load off.

I am sorry to have ranted and raved at you .org, I just needed to type it out my system. I'm not often down but am a bit fed up with it all.

Thankyou for reading if you even got this far, bit of a pointless thread really. You may continue with your hopefully much more enlightening evening than mine will be

Last edited by missyburd; 12-11-08 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-11-08, 07:45 PM   #2
Dangerous Dave

Default Re: Money money money...

Good luck with it all MissYC, you should get MrYC working harder on servicing bikes to pay your rent....

I can't really comment anymore, I have never been in your situation.

Last edited by Dangerous Dave; 12-11-08 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Retarded Spelling
Old 12-11-08, 07:51 PM   #3
Gene genie

bugger, i was about to ask for a borrow!!
Old 12-11-08, 07:52 PM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

its a shame, but think of the dosh you will have when you can get a job in what you've studied for

cant really comment, same reason as dave

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 07:55 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

its all about filling in the forms...

i had the same problems when i was at uni..
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-08, 07:57 PM   #6
Exupdog

I am sorry to have ranted and raved at you .org, I just needed to type it out my system. I'm not often down but am a bit fed up with it all.

Thankyou for reading if you even got this far, bit of a pointless thread really. You may continue with your hopefully much more enlightening evening than mine will be [/quote]

Hang in there, one day it'll all seem worthwhile, even though it does seem that at the moment there's a conspiracy to prevent anyone but the wealthy getting a good education. We managed to get Pam, our SV girl through it. We're just getting uni offers for number two daughter at the moment, then in two years it's the last one. I reckon I'll be retiring in about 30yrs, but we're doing our best to help them through it without getting into debt. Hope it all comes together for you, keep smiling.
Old 12-11-08, 07:58 PM   #7
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous Dave View Post
Good luck with it all MissYC, you should get MrYC working harder on servicing bikes to pay your rent....
That's an idea However, he does lots for me already and I would hate to ask him for owt. Good to know I have backup though

I think I should be ok for money now, thanks to my surprisingly understanding landlady, in her words "I am a mother and therefore understand your situation" - who'd have thought it, she's not got a heart of stone after all .... so all is much better in my world.
Old 12-11-08, 08:13 PM   #8
Baph

You could sell your body, to Chris obviously!!

Chris, I think that's two pints you now owe me.
Old 12-11-08, 08:32 PM   #9
Giggsy

sorry to hear about your financial woos but look on the bright side at least your studying for a proper job were you won't be working all the hours god sends and still be skint at the end of it!!!!!!!!!!
What are you studying?
Old 12-11-08, 08:34 PM   #10
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

YC is a lucky boy his mum still allows him to stay at home. I don't know how you manage down there on your own.
How does it work with uni fees these days MissYC? Do they give you grants or owt?
One of the reasons Im Indoors had to work nights on a weekend was to pay for his fees and to be able to study all week. Go to uni Friday morn, work Fri night, Sat, Sun night, go straight from work to uni, and do a full day there...that was in his first two years. He wasn't entitled to get a penny towards them as it was classed as part time, even though the amount of modules each year pointed at full time. I still have no idea how the hell he learnt anything in those first two yrs..the state of him on a monday tea time was almost unbearable at times. He still had his rent to pay, and live off what ever was left each month as well as pay off his fees.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 12-11-08 at 08:36 PM.
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote