SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 22-10-16, 08:01 AM   #2201
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

I only had a brief look at the Bessa before sending it to you, so not had a chance to appreciate the features. Got a roll of Kodak Ektar for each of the when I get them back. I pulled apart my AE1 Program again to try and sort the power switch. Cleaned up the contacts a bit and it seems to have helped. Need to get some spring clip pliers though. I think they do some thin tipped jewellery pliers that should work nicely.

Dug out the old Yashica Sequelle again. Even IF I can get the motor working again, this lever seems to be out of sync:

It should follow the shutting co-cking arm and stop the mechanism when the shutter is set, but it stops half way.

Hey Johnny, any good to you?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-19...YAAOSwmLlX~kox

Found this video useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bYy...nJ4NjVw4h0CWRw

Last edited by Kenzie; 22-10-16 at 02:50 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 06:34 PM   #2202
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I watched one of his vids when I was trying to find out more about the Copal shutter on my Konica, they're good to see all the bits. PS thanks but radio already sold - Mrs Rod might not be so keen on the look of them anyway. Shame as there is a Roberts R900 in Sheffield for £15, might have to check the resale price as it has a busted on/off switch which is apparently a common fault and easy to fix. Got a bit from the US on my Kodak EK8 so it should go this weekend. I double checked the postage! I'll break even but at least it's going.

I have no idea what's going on with your Sequelle! What are all the bits in there for?
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 07:09 PM   #2203
Kenzie

Well the motor is in the bottom right corner. Most of the left hand side is to do with frame counting and the rest is for co-cking the shutter. There is a three AA battery pack in the back and the idea is it shoots, resets the shutter and advances the film at the push of a button. However I can't get power to the motor via the pack. Can make it move by applying power directly to the motor. Think the shutter is jammed but no idea how to split it down. It's a half frame camera as well.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Old 22-10-16, 07:49 PM   #2204
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I would start with sorting out the power supply to the motor, so it'll run off the batteries. If it's not been running properly, it could just take a few cycles for it to get its xhit together. Mindless optimism FTW. I'd definitely start there though.
Old 22-10-16, 08:42 PM   #2205
Kenzie

Yeah, maybe over the Chrimbo break. In the meantime I have fixed my Mini Rex II light meter. The glass had come loose and was pressing on the needle. Took the time to re-glue the leatherette as well.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
Old 22-10-16, 09:12 PM   #2206
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

I had a similar thing with the Bessa tonight. Was snapping away fine until I put the fascia plate back on, then was sticking part way through the long times, then next fire was far too quick. Turns out one of the followers (the main one really) on the escapement was a bit twisted:
Untitled by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
so was dragging on the back of the fascia. On the long times, when you fire the shutter, it rises up then drops back. So, it was sticking part-way through its travel, then on the next shot it was still high so gave a short shutter time like it should. I've got it working I think although the 1 second is a bit hesitant if it's not been used, maybe just needs some use because after that it sounds good. Will test it tomorrow. Glass is now nice and clean, this one looks to have been looked after. Not really sure how it collimates, there doesn't seem to be any adjustment to speak of, but will check it and hope it's close enough! With such a long lens you have a small DoF so you want the focus to be accurate - although it is scale focus.
Old 23-10-16, 07:54 AM   #2207
Kenzie

You have good eyes, I probably wouldn't have spotted that. Been outbid on pretty much everything I have tried for. Still winning one but I'm not hopeful.
Old 23-10-16, 01:28 PM   #2208
yokohama

I thought I'd better check in as I only get on to the site intermittently and am pretty busy. Weekends are the only time I have free. I went out today to a place called Dujiangyan, some kind of irrigation project that's been turned into a tourist site and park. Spent a pleasant few hours there and fired off a few shots with the OM10. It would have been nice with a bit of colour and sunshine but the weather here is grey. I've been here 3 weeks now and have seen blue sky 3 times.
You guys would have enjoyed yesterday. On a recommendation I found a 3 floor shopping mall entirely dedicated to photography. mainly digital stuff and the top floor was wedding photography, picture framing and frock hire. But a couple of places selling (expensive) second hand film cameras and a guy selling film, kept in a fridge too. So that's 2 places where I know I can buy film. No processing though, but someone gave me a map showing a place that does it. problem is, they only open Monday to Friday.
Good luck with all the repair work that's going on.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-16, 04:35 PM   #2209
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

hi Yokes! Sounds like you're having fun - apart from the weather. Are you enjoying the trip?

Checked the shutter times on your Bessa Kenzie:
1/150 is actually 1/97
100 is 80
50 is 33
25 is 21
10 is 11
5 is 3.9
2 is 2
1 second is 1.1 seconds
The top speed(s) always suffer worst, but the others aren't too bad, only one other outside the 20-25% you'd want. It's really quiet too; it doesn't have a big main lever like the Certo, but is a bit more modern, with the cokking lever turning a small shaft instead of rotating around the entire shutter. Will reassemble it later and hope the focus is right! Next job will be my Contessa.
Old 23-10-16, 04:37 PM   #2210
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
You have good eyes
You should see my daughter, she's only 4 but she can spot anything. It's almost like Kryten reading a book, a millisecond is enough!