SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-06-20, 09:50 AM   #21
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: K-tech front springs and spacer length

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo82 View Post
Was easy mate. Crack the top nut whilst still on the bike. .....
Yes.
A good tip is to loosen the top yoke fork stanchion clamp bolt before loosening the top cap as this can sometimes nip the cap threads enough to make it difficult to undo. The bottom yoke clamp will hold the stanchion enough to crack the top cap loose.
Old 21-06-20, 07:06 PM   #22
proze

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Yes.
A good tip is to loosen the top yoke fork stanchion clamp bolt before loosening the top cap as this can sometimes nip the cap threads enough to make it difficult to undo. The bottom yoke clamp will hold the stanchion enough to crack the top cap loose.
Another good tip, thank you! I hadn't considered that at all.
proze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-20, 08:56 PM   #23
DamoK4

Ended up buying .85 k-tech springs and 10wt silkolene maintain oil. Will have a go at getting it done this week. Keeping an eye out for a zx10r shock. It's your fault

Got Bibio's suspension setup bookmarked ready
DamoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-20, 04:24 PM   #24
DamoK4

Just got a gsxr 1000 k3 k4 shock in mint condition, will try and get the forks done and damper welded Monday. Postage on the shock is a week or two so if I can get the front set up properly I will be able to see what a difference the shock makes separately. It will be like two birthdays if i get it done right. I bought .85 springs but i weigh about 13.3, bit worried they might not be firm enough, it’s what k tech recommended for my riding style as I’m no racer by any means but after reading more old threads they may not be firm enough? Guess I could lose weight! Got a bit of a dad gut going on.
DamoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-20, 08:05 PM   #25
tojo82

Just a quick update all after having the improved front and rear suspension upgrades about a month ago. The bike is a totally different machine now. I used to feel scared around corners and it used to feel terrible on humpy roads. I feel so confident now and it twists and turns quickly and with ease. I wish I had done it years ago
tojo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-20, 10:11 PM   #26
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo82 View Post
Just a quick update all after having the improved front and rear suspension upgrades about a month ago. The bike is a totally different machine now. I used to feel scared around corners and it used to feel terrible on humpy roads. I feel so confident now and it twists and turns quickly and with ease. I wish I had done it years ago
welcome to the dark side. you will now appreciate the SV's superb 650 v-twin. a standard SV feels wooden and bland compared to one with fettled suspension.

you can now see why a few of us put GSXR front ends on
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote