SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 18-08-17, 07:06 AM   #3981
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Ah well, worth a try.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-17, 10:44 AM   #3982
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I've not given up yet.
Old 18-08-17, 07:08 PM   #3983
yokohama

My Chinese strap lug triangles arrived today. They look OK and I can't see much difference between them and the originals on some of my other cameras.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-17, 08:16 PM   #3984
Kenzie

Cool, might have to invest in some, some of my cameras have rusty keyrings fitted. Got and Agfa Clack on the way, another tick off my list. Off to London tomorrow, hope to visit the Lomography store if we have time. Grrr, misplaced my Baby Bessa.

Last edited by Kenzie; 18-08-17 at 08:42 PM.
Old 18-08-17, 09:06 PM   #3985
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

You know, I've got hardly anything I can just take out and shoot with. Three Pentax SLRs, flash sync is bust on one. Medium format, one needs bellows, one with knackered lens, one with knackered shutter, one who knows but not usable, one needing overhaul but may try to rob the lens (skopar) for the Mamiya, one antique (Certo) that actually works but needs looking after, and one (Ensign) that I can only presume is okay as I haven't seen the pics. Of 35mm, a VF that doesn't work, two more that need servicing, one with a knackered lens element, in RFs one with dodgy frame spacing, one with a dodgy meter and wobbly lens, one needing parallax adjustment, one needs collimating, one with a dead meter and needs the shutter cleaning, one that works but the meter is a bit off. It's occurred to me because on Sunday I'm hopefully off to the Peaks for a day out with the spawn, and not much choice of what to take. A couple there are fairly easy so I should just do them I guess. I should make time tomorrow for something. Oh yeah, and a very rough-looking Super Ikonta 530/2 (6x9) I'll pick up on the bank holiday weekend. I think I've sold all the decent cameras!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-17, 09:20 PM   #3986
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Starting point by John Rodriguez, on Flickr
Old 19-08-17, 05:55 AM   #3987
Kenzie

By the sounds of that super long post I've been quite lucky in the fact that most of mine just work. Don't get me wrong, most are untested, for example the X700, seemed ok and made all the right noises but has a shutter fault that I didn't pick up on until I had shot three rolls through it. And today I will bebtaking two or three untested cameras with me. Found my Bessa! The bellows don't look too bad on the Zeiss.

Last edited by Kenzie; 19-08-17 at 07:06 AM.
Old 19-08-17, 02:01 PM   #3988
yokohama

I'm like you Kenzie in that I've been pretty lucky and most of mine seem to work. Any duds I've either been able to fix or if not I've sold them on. But, as with your X700, whether they all work with film and whether meters and shutters are accurate is an unknown quantity and there are a lot in the 'test' queue.
Reading the above 2 posts, If the SRT is going out to China, I should really run a film through it first.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-17, 04:54 PM   #3989
Kenzie

I would. Wouldn't want to be disappointed when you get them developed. My great aunt has sent me info on a pop up shop with a load of cameras, so I will be taking a peek tomorrow. Mostly point and shoot but a couple have my attention. Well after all that lugging around, I took four or five shots on the Dial 35, one on the mju and one on the Bessa. Wow, we are nearly at 4000 posts!

Last edited by Kenzie; 19-08-17 at 05:27 PM.
Old 19-08-17, 09:20 PM   #3990
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Pop up, interesting. Well I thought I'd collimate my Zeiss Contessa LKE 35mm RF, a 5 minute job.... except I couldn't for the life of me find the adjuster for the rangefinder. It looks like a small screw on the sliding prism in the RF/VF box on the top, but there appears to be no way to access it. In then end I loosened the two screws that hold the entire box on and adjusted that. In the process of fiddling I found the vertical adjuster (nice clear second image now) and also the one for the meter. Um, will re-set that in daylight tomorrow then! The meter has no electrical connection with the shutter (unlike Copal ones on Canonet, Electro etc.) but a lever that pushes the body of the moving-coil meter around. Bizarre but very nifty. I need to twiddle with the meter of my Contessamat as well, maybe I'll do that at the same time, it'll be a 5 minute job...