SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-17, 05:18 PM   #11
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Angry Re: Inconsiderate Driver...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
The number plate says it all, why not standardize all vanity plates to wan&er1, wan&er2 etc. I have known a few people with personal plates and they have all been overbearing ba&tards with a well developed sense of entitlement. He probably reluctantly parked in the motorbike spot because all the disabled spots were taken by other like-minded tossers.

Oh not everyone!!!
Some of us are working class bikers.
Plus little pea head has a cherished plate....
Old 09-08-17, 05:45 PM   #12
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Re: Inconsiderate Driver...

I do, LPH.

I carry a long wear lipstick on me and write a rude word across the windscreen. If they put the wipers on it smears everywhere. Not permanent damage but annoying for them.

A neighbour used to park at an angle across two spaces. I put several large signs on his car windows that said 'This bay is reserved for two residents but only one w@nk**. ' I stuck them on with those permanent glue sticky pads. He never parked like that again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Littlepeahead; 09-08-17 at 05:46 PM.
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 10:07 PM   #13
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post

Oh not everyone!!!
Some of us are working class bikers.
Plus little pea head has a cherished plate....

as do I and I like to think I don't fall into that category..... some may disagree though
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-17, 11:11 PM   #14
Heorot

When I worked in Edinburgh the disabled spaces outside the supermarket near where I worked were always full of cars without disabled badges. Until the day the car parking staff went around gluing A4 notices to the drivers side windows. And I mean proper spirit glue. Repeated for a week. Problem solved.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 09:24 AM   #15
Red Herring
Mega Poster

The guy is clearly a bit of a tool, there are plenty of them out there, get over it! Despite his inconsiderate attitude my opinion of him is still better than of those on here who seem to think his behaviour somehow justifies acts of criminal damage on their part...... If you really feel further education is necessary then you could probably get away with what LPH advocates, but stop short of writing anything to offensive, the trick is to be subtle...... Something like "Caution! Driver owns the road" across the rear window might be appropriate......
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 01:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
The guy is clearly a bit of a tool, there are plenty of them out there, get over it! Despite his inconsiderate attitude my opinion of him is still better than of those on here who seem to think his behaviour somehow justifies acts of criminal damage on their part...... If you really feel further education is necessary then you could probably get away with what LPH advocates, but stop short of writing anything to offensive, the trick is to be subtle...... Something like "Caution! Driver owns the road" across the rear window might be appropriate......
"warning - this vehicle is actually a motorcycle"

hes a **** - move on - and remember he gets stuck in traffic jams - you don't.
Old 10-08-17, 02:24 PM   #17
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
The guy is clearly a bit of a tool, there are plenty of them out there, get over it! Despite his inconsiderate attitude my opinion of him is still better than of those on here who seem to think his behaviour somehow justifies acts of criminal damage on their part.....
No doubt an opinion formed from many years of Police work...

And therein lies the problem. Normal people who follow the rules get very frustrated when some arrogant bugger doesn't. Eventually it boils over and you get the criminal damage you mentioned. Why? because in most cases there's nothing you can do to enforce the rule, so arrogant buggers know they can get away with it. And this breeds more of them.

I think, perhaps, in some cases, it should be a case of "MOTORCYCLES ONLY OR ELSE" and this would simplify the situation an awful lot. And this is applicable to many other similar situations as well. Either make a rule and enforce it or don't bother.
Old 10-08-17, 03:21 PM   #18
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
No doubt an opinion formed from many years of Police work...

And therein lies the problem. Normal people who follow the rules get very frustrated when some arrogant bugger doesn't. Eventually it boils over and you get the criminal damage you mentioned. Why? because in most cases there's nothing you can do to enforce the rule, so arrogant buggers know they can get away with it. And this breeds more of them.

I think, perhaps, in some cases, it should be a case of "MOTORCYCLES ONLY OR ELSE" and this would simplify the situation an awful lot. And this is applicable to many other similar situations as well. Either make a rule and enforce it or don't bother.
+10

There are many rules and laws that do not get enforced already on the books, and many of the 'new' laws that are passed are already covered by an existing law that is not enforced.

If they wanted to the council or whoever owns the parking could put bollards across the parking that only allow bikes in (you would not need many as the gap only has to be sufficient to keep cars out), but extra expense means they won't do it.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 03:27 PM   #19
Bibio
Mega Poster

would you call a biker inconsiderate if they parked in a car parking space if the motorcycle only spaces were full?

plenty space to get a few bikes in there so i dont see what the big deal is.

when out with Mrs B i sometimes have to park in parent and child spaces due to the disabled spaces being full, does that make me inconsiderate?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-17, 03:37 PM   #20
Heorot

I got flashed at last week by a Merc as I rode into a parking space at my regular pub. He was annoyed that I was putting a bike in a car parking space. The Merc driver then found a disabled space to park in. As it happened, the space I parked in was wide enough for the bike and a car. There was a car parked next to the bike in the same space when I came out.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote