SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 11-08-17, 02:48 PM   #31
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Inconsiderate Driver...

Society is a big place, plenty of room for both persuasions and it's entirely up to the individual to decide which they occupy.....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 03:39 PM   #32
Dave20046
Mega Poster

It doesn't help matters it's a rangerover (bit fascist but ...not wrong )

My view is, there's not a single bike there so no harm done. Bikes make up what 4% of traffic? Chances of 30 turning up at once....next to nil (especially considering the tumbleweeds in the forum rideout section!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev B View Post
Didn't we have a short spell of " show us your bike parked where it shouldn't be " or something along those line,and remember many parked under NO PARKING signs,think long and hard guys,it's a jungle out there !
Relevant memory award goes to
Old 12-08-17, 10:37 AM   #33
ophic
Mega Poster

It's not really about harm done, it's about attitude. I bet he's a really careful considerate driver who is always patient and observant and stops to give lifts to old ladies etc etc I'm totally making this up. The range rover/number plate thing really adds to it. If it was a battered old mini I probably wouldn't bat an eyelid. Funny how we perceive things init.
Old 12-08-17, 07:04 PM   #34
Kenzie

People parking in bike spaces really annoys me. If someone cannot follow the smaller rules, then what chance is there of them following bigger rules? "But there's nowhere else"-tough poo, car park is full. Go find another.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 11:20 AM   #35
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Helped the Munchkin move house yesterday and found car parking even worse than it was at her last place. But, hoorah, the council has just added a m/c only bay a few yards away. By the time I had found a spot for the car just two minutes walk away there was a car parking in the bike bay... As the driver got out I took a picture of him/car/markings and told him he had the time it would take me to get inside to move before I reported him. Thankfully his wife said "told you!" and they got back in and drove off.

I am not hopeful of being able to park the Bonnie there next time I go down.
Old 13-08-17, 11:49 AM   #36
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
If someone cannot follow the smaller rules, then what chance is there of them following bigger rules?
There is a blind bend on the way into our housing estate, one of the houses near the bend has a guy with a VW transporter van, and he took to parking on the road right on the bend (even though there is parking at the house) - created chaos with traffic on and off the estate - people complained and he eventually moved his van off the road into his house parking - now another tosser has decided to park in the same place - words fail me..................

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 05:43 PM   #37
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
There is a blind bend on the way into our housing estate, one of the houses near the bend has a guy with a VW transporter van, and he took to parking on the road right on the bend.....

Putting my really sad hat on for a moment not a lot of people know that the vast majority of vans go over 1525kg unladen weight (proper vans, not the car derived ones) in which case they are obliged to display lights when parked on a road at night..... so next time your neighbour leaves his van in an inconsiderate location make yourself really unpopular with your local police force and point this out to them, making sure to remind them that should someone now run into it it's not going to look good for them. One of the advantages of having a completely risk adverse police service these days is that it's remarkably easy to get them to act if you feed them the right motivation....

Last edited by Red Herring; 13-08-17 at 05:45 PM.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-17, 06:00 PM   #38
Red ones
Mega Poster

Twice today I've had inconsiderate parking. The second was in McDonald's. Asked to park in the bay parking and I couldn't because a retard in his Civic felt he had to use both bays. That's was a minor irritation.

The first. I had gone out and someone parked on my bumper giving no room to get out. So I pushed his car down the road. (Naughty I know). But then getting out of the car park a complete twit drive at me and then sat looking at me as if I could disappear out of his single lane road. The only space was behind me and I had nowhere to go but towards him. He then started shouting at me. The response he got I hope was a surprise. "Did you just cut up that ambulance with the blue lights on? It's taking my kid to A&E. I suggest you move your car out of the way fast before I move it for you."
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote