SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 27-04-08, 06:57 PM   #1
ivantate

Default Suzuki Day by Suzuki Italy

Just thought I would let you guys know how much Suzuki Italy looks after their customers. I have just had a great weekend and not even bought a bike off them.

A mate at work over here had an SV and now a GSR and he told me that every year Suzuki organise a big weekend at one of the race tracks.

So, saturday morning I turned up at Misano circuit not sure what to expect and there was the following:

Track sessions with your own bike
Track sessions on Suzukis bikes (6xGSR, 12xGSXR600, 6xGSXR750 and 6xGSXR1000)
A stunt show every couple of hours
Bike club displays
Racing a VANVAN around some cones against the clock (didnt seem to matter how much you crashed it.)
2 lap parade for everyone.
Dyno (although it was 25euros for a power run)
Suzuki cup bike display. (including a BKing with Yosh exhausts)
Free t-shirts galore.
Courtesy tents for spannering and leaving your gear out of the sun for each make of bike.

Basically loads of bike people having a great time at an ace venue for free. You could camp there too and in the evening there were plenty of BBQs to scrounge food from and there was a band on till 12.00am. The rizla promotional team were there also throwing merchandise around so got myself this seasons cap for nothing too.
Also the Japanese president of Suzuki Italy was there to the end handing out club prizes for concours etc... .

A few observations:
The bergman riders are nuts and there are millions of them. (they even have a race series) never though I would see a Berg650 two up on the back wheel around Misano.
There were only about 3 bandits, They dont like them over here.
The suzuki demo team laying down huge amounts of rubber on the parade laps on a Bking alongside me.
I was the only black framed SV thou although there were plenty of silver framed ones around.

It was a 3 day event but I only did the saturday. I saved today for a ride back and have spent 8 hours zig-zagging over the mountains to just north of Modena. Took in about 4 mountain passes and used more fuel than I care to think about (the ? to Euro makes it more expensive for me over here than in the uk) also did about 10km on an unmade mountain road which was quite steep and wet in places, OOPs.

So it was brilliant and all layed on by Suzuki. Cant think of the last thing Suzuki UK gave me other than the middle finger after the gearbox went on my 650.
Old 27-04-08, 07:07 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Suzuki Day by Suzuki Italy

Sounds like fun, where was the unmade road out of interest, just off the top of the Stiffelsjoche?
Old 28-04-08, 05:56 AM   #3
ivantate

It was on the way down from the Passo dei Mandrioli just east of Florence.
Old 28-04-08, 09:32 AM   #4
Warthog

Oh wow that sounds superb! I'd love to have done any one of those things let alone a whole day of it all.

*jealous*