SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-04-19, 12:34 AM   #1
Surfjayce

Default Braided hose confusion

So im gonna upgrade the front hoses to braided, and as a purist i kinda wanna keep the original layout, hose across the front fender, however whenever i read of "standard" hose kits from say Goodridge or Hel are 3 hose kits, which as iv read re use the original splitter, but from what i can see the splitter is a fixed unit and you cant fit banjo bolts to it, am i being retarded or is my SK5 an annoying model that has a stupid fitting?
Surfjayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 05:54 AM   #2
Chris_SVS

Default Re: Braided hose confusion

One kit will use the splitter

One kit will use a double banjo on one caliper and loop over the fender

One kit will use two lines(race setup) and a long banjo at master cylinder

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 11-04-19 at 06:00 AM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 07:35 AM   #3
glang

Get the race set up as itll make your bike go faster!
glang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:11 AM   #4
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Don't worry about the splitter, keep it simple. "Race" setup is the best, do not use the hoop over wheel setup. You create a high point where you can't get any air out, and (I believe it is not allowed in racing for this reason) if something let go at the front it's possible it could catch the hoop of hose and damage it.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 08:37 AM   #5
daktulos

It looks like all non-ABS pointies have the same splitter with crimped hoses:

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts...-hose-see-note
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 09:00 AM   #6
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfjayce View Post
So im gonna upgrade the front hoses to braided, and as a purist i kinda wanna keep the original layout, hose across the front fender, however whenever i read of "standard" hose kits from say Goodridge or Hel are 3 hose kits, which as iv read re use the original splitter, but from what i can see the splitter is a fixed unit and you cant fit banjo bolts to it, am i being retarded or is my SK5 an annoying model that has a stupid fitting?
Measure the lengths of the hoses and you can buy them as,"Custom" lengths from online then replace the main two and the small one
Old 11-04-19, 12:56 PM   #7
Surfjayce

Ok so one reply said that one kit re uses the splitter, and another reply says to replace the hoses alone as custom lengths which just adds to my confusion LOL!!

i guess what i really need to know is "HOW!" do you re use a crimped hose splitter?
Old 11-04-19, 01:14 PM   #8
daktulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfjayce View Post
Ok so one reply said that one kit re uses the splitter, and another reply says to replace the hoses alone as custom lengths which just adds to my confusion LOL!!

i guess what i really need to know is "HOW!" do you re use a crimped hose splitter?
I have no idea what the answer is, but given that this is a critical joint for your personal safety while riding, I wouldn't personally attempt it myself. The "race" setup works well.
daktulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-19, 01:31 PM   #9
Surfjayce

I think you're right, i guess with the race set up my concern is where do the hoses secure, on the left side (speedo sensor side) you have bracket for the rubber fixing so thats fine but on the right side where the splitter box would normally bolt in how does the hose secure? i dont want it flapping freely
Old 11-04-19, 01:38 PM   #10
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Just to add confusion<grin>there are,"Hel Crossover" kits.It's what I might use if I choose to upgrade,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Suzuki-SV...oAAOSwIdpZyS~W

One line from the MC to the right hand side Caliper and then a small line across the front mudguard.I've seen these on a few bikes and they are nice and tidy.