SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 23-03-06, 07:44 PM   #1
chazzyb

Default Battery Replaced

Just put a Chinese-made YTX9-BS battery into my curvy. £16.75 from my local motorists shop. They've just started doing a few bike bits (they ride bikes themselves) and got this in for me specially. It would have cost an additional £6.50 if they hadn't managed to get it on their stock order. Even then it would have been cheap.

Just hope it lasts for a couple of years...
Old 23-03-06, 07:47 PM   #2
zx6man

curvys are 12's though..not nines..they need more cranking power being a twin i think....I have just put in a 9bs into the zx6 a decent one though..as cheapies dont tend to last through winter
Old 23-03-06, 07:50 PM   #3
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx6man
curvys are 12's though..not nines..they need more cranking power being a twin i think....I have just put in a 9bs into the zx6 a decent one though..as cheapies dont tend to last through winter
Yes, but a YTX9-BS is the same size physically as the gell-filled YT12A-BS it's supposed to have. Just *miles* cheaper.
Old 23-03-06, 07:57 PM   #4
zx6man

the 12 has more plates and is more powerful. thinks it due to the higher compression of the twin needing more oomph to start
Old 06-09-06, 12:07 PM   #5
Heed

I've just had the battery my SV changed this morning as it was having difficulty starting unless it had a long run between starts. The battery taken out was a 9 hence the problems. It's got a 12 in it now which sould see it well through winter.