SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-03-11, 09:51 PM   #1
I'm_a_Newbie

Question Bandit 1250 Fuel Starvation

Hi All.

I'll keep this as brief as I can.

My bike developed a misfire, so I whipped the plugs and coils out, cleaned everything and then used silicone grease to seal the plug caps/coils in the plug bores. Cylinders 2 and 3 showd signs of water ingress into the plug bores. The misfire has gone but now at constant rpm the engine keep faltering, sometimes the drop off in power is very noticable, then recovers then does it again.

I have run out of fuel a couple of times so I am thinking some crud may have gone into the pump, I came across this site http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43108 it seems the main fuel filter is never the problem, but one of the poster suggests there is another filter connected to the fuel pump pressure relief valve that can get blocked. I also read this on another article. The problem is I do not know where to look as none of the articles mention where to find this filter. Anybody got any ideas?

It seems other people have experienced similar problems especially at high engine load and speed. I had this same problem on an Autobhan a few weeks ago.

Please help, anybody got a PDF workshop manual for a Bandit 1250?

Thank you
Tim.