SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-05-11, 09:20 AM   #41
Specialone

Default Re: camping advice :)

Women respond to temperature differently to men, men can regulate their temp quite steadily, but womens fluctuate a lot.

Ever tried to have a bath / shower in the same temperature water as a woman ? Will scold the average man.

My wife will say in the winter when our house is around 23 degrees it's too cold, same temp in the summer it's too hot
Old 18-05-11, 09:42 AM   #42
tactcom7

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Women respond to temperature differently to men, men can regulate their temp quite steadily, but womens fluctuate a lot.

Ever tried to have a bath / shower in the same temperature water as a woman ? Will scold the average man.

My wife will say in the winter when our house is around 23 degrees it's too cold, same temp in the summer it's too hot
+1 jumped in the bath a good ten minutes after the missus had got out, let out a shriek and jumped out again looking like a human beetroot. Dunno how she does it! Then I go downstairs to fine the thermostat set at 25! Wear a bloody jumper woman.
Old 18-05-11, 09:50 AM   #43
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil24_7 View Post
I always seem to get too hot in bed, but in a sleeping bag, I generally feel far too cold, unless I'm in my ex-army/marine sleeping bag, I have NEVER been cold in that bad boy.
I was on Dartmoor this weekend in my army issue dos bag with added fleece blanket for warmth as i freeze when out on exercise, at home i like the window open and thin summer duvet.
I wasn't the only one cold though we had several cases of suspected hypothermia on Dartmoor this weekend mainly because people didn't have appropriate kit for the conditions.
Old 18-05-11, 11:14 AM   #44
-Ralph-

My wife is the opposite with a bath or shower, she has it lukewarm by my standards.

Her hands and feet are always freezing though. On winter walks I have to go without gloves half the time, as her fingers have turned to ice in her big woolly gloves, whereas my leather ones are nice and warm 'cos they've had my hands in them, so she steals them until they've gone cold again (I can't get my hands in hers!) and then gives them back for me to heat them up again, then she steals them again!

If we are standing around waiting for a train or suchlike, she stands behind me and shoves her freezing hands in my jeans pockets. Don't mind that so much though

Last edited by -Ralph-; 18-05-11 at 11:16 AM.
Old 18-05-11, 11:16 AM   #45
Sally

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post

My flatmates missus puts the thermostat at 30 degrees when she comes round, fu(king winds me up, its far too warm, I will actually be pouring of sweat when I come in the door.

We haven't used the heating since the last snow, only had it on a timer to make sure the pipes didn't freeze.

If you're cold, put on more clothes, if you're too hot, take off clothes, simples.
Old 18-05-11, 11:20 AM   #46
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
My

If you're cold, put on more clothes, if you're too hot, take off clothes, simples.
Oh wish it was that simple! I'm always cold - fingers like ice most of the time. to the extent that I don't notice that they are cold until garry screams!

I have a fleece throw on the sofa all the time but now seem to be getting too warm in bed.

As for camping i dress up for bed and alway take a fleec blankes to wrap myself in -as long as my feet and nose ain't cold I'm fine!
Old 18-05-11, 12:09 PM   #47
Sally

Bloody women!

I sleep most of the year alone, with a light duvet, with minimal clothes, door open and the window half open.

Still, I am too bloody warm!!
Old 18-05-11, 12:27 PM   #48
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally View Post
Bloody women!

I sleep most of the year alone
No Irony there then Sally