SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-09-11, 10:35 AM   #11
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Haggling gym membership

Obviously my compromised immune system has not overrun the rogue tyke gene. Hopefully it is is my decreasing waistline that has meant I can no longer reach into the depths of my trouser pockets where my wallet is held. Otherwise I can only fear the rogue gene has resulted in a gradual shortening of my arms.
Old 02-09-11, 06:06 PM   #12
diamond

I joined a gym just over a year ago and managed to get it down from a £30 a month contract to paying £120 for a years membership to pool, gym all classes etc and a free car park permit (60p an hour to park as it's in town, and can use the pass when not going to the gym) I asked for deals, pay in advanced and pay 10 months instead of 12, got military discount, check for student, employer discount etc And see if they have different pay levels for instance i go during the day so payed less by agreeing not go in mon -fri between 6pm and 9pm, but can go any other time and can swim or go to classes in the evenings just not the gym.

Deals are possible if you ask and are flexible.

Last edited by diamond; 02-09-11 at 06:07 PM.
Old 03-09-11, 06:13 PM   #13
ben1989

Agree with the smaller gyms, if you get to know the guys there you'll soon get discounts/free sessions. I was shown round a David lloyd, amazing gym, great machines etc. but 55 a month (w/ student discount) 12 month contract... they cut out the joining fee but still way too much. The uni gym turned out loads cheaper