SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-11-09, 07:42 PM   #31
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Default Re: Heated Clothing

If your charging system works and you only use them when the bike is running the battery won't even notice.

Regarding current draw, what does one set draw?
Old 26-11-09, 09:35 PM   #32
fastdruid
Mega Poster

I did notice if pottering round town that the battery with lights, grips and jacket on the battery would start to suffer.

That's my excuse for riding everywhere in 1st anyway officer

Druid
Old 26-11-09, 11:29 PM   #33
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Regarding current draw, what does one set draw?
I think my Exo is rated at 55w.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 11:22 AM   #34
xXBADGERXx

Some sets can run off a self contained Lithium Ion battery if Current Draw is of concern to a poorly system .
Old 27-11-09, 11:53 AM   #35
Davies

I bought a Keis X4 heated vest last week too after going through 3 winters without heated kit. What a difference! I did want the EXO2 heated jacket but the offer that Keis were doing at the time was too good to pass up.....£90 for the jacket + free temperature controller and connection lead. The jacket itself is windproof and waterproof and the heated panels are around the kidney area and on the chest.

Sid's right about core temperature, my hands haven't been cold since and I'm still wearing my summer gloves (although I expect when winter hits properly then I'll have to switch to gortex).

I'd be interested to compare the two, although I suspect that EXO2 has more heating panels reflected in the higher price.

http://www.motohaus.com/acatalog/Keis.html

Oh yeah, and the bird on the bike in the link is also on the box, alot bigger. Cue Pi$$ taking from colleagues that I'd just bought a blow-up doll

Cheers,

Paul
Old 27-11-09, 12:19 PM   #36
Bibio
Mega Poster

small review of exo2 gloves and vest...

gloves:
http://mybikingrants.blogspot.com/20...ng-review.html

vest:
http://mybikingrants.blogspot.com/20...ew-part-2.html
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 12:31 PM   #37
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davies View Post
Paul, what do you reckon about just getting the heated kidney belt (also with free controller) at almost half the price, seeing as I already have Gerbing heated gloves?
I know getting gerbing everything would make it much easier to connect together, but this Keiss stuff is so much cheaper.
I already have a £20 heated jack but it's cheapness really shows - the wires get really hot & leave a red mark rather than distributed heat.
I suppose the chest is where you get cold so should get the jacket
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 12:53 PM   #38
Davies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Paul, what do you reckon about just getting the heated kidney belt (also with free controller) at almost half the price, seeing as I already have Gerbing heated gloves?
I know getting gerbing everything would make it much easier to connect together, but this Keiss stuff is so much cheaper.
I already have a £20 heated jack but it's cheapness really shows - the wires get really hot & leave a red mark rather than distributed heat.
I suppose the chest is where you get cold so should get the jacket
Bang on! I wouldn't bother with just the kidney belt myself....for me it seems to be directed more at people with lower back problems than anything else.

One thing I'd advise you on though is make sure you get the right size as they seem to come up a little big (I bought a large and could have easily gone with a medium). The closer the jacket is to your body the more effective it is, although wearing the backpack flattens out any bulkyness, if that makes sense? Next time I see you down at Soho you can try mine on, although I can't see any problems with them exchanging it if you got the wrong size.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 27-11-09, 01:36 PM   #39
JamesMio
Mega Poster

With the Keis one, do all the heated bits work when you've not got it plugged into the bike (i.e. when using the battery pack)?

That one's about half the price of the Exo one and I'm struggling to justify the difference at the moment.

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-09, 01:43 PM   #40
Dave20046
Mega Poster

If anyone's looking to invest in a ridiculously expensive goretex jacket, HG are giving away heated vests with them.