SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-12-10, 09:28 AM   #1
Rai86

Default Office Christmas Parties!!

Oooo what to wear, what to wear?

Tell us what to wear or not to wear to the standard office parties, and any decidedly embarrassing stories you may have.......

Old 17-12-10, 09:40 AM   #2
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Re: Office Christmas Parties!!

Office party?

good god no. It is bad enough I see this bunch of losers at work. but definitely not on my own time.

Work did organise a christmas dinner, 170 miles from my office. And then asked me why I did not attend.
Old 17-12-10, 09:43 AM   #3
Rai86

Most arent on your own time i didnt think? Ours is the whole of this afternoon...sure beats being in the office all day on a friday!!
Old 17-12-10, 09:53 AM   #4
lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Office party?

good god no. It is bad enough I see this bunch of losers at work. but definitely not on my own time.

Work did organise a christmas dinner, 170 miles from my office. And then asked me why I did not attend.
+1

Ours is this evening and its £35 a head with drinks on top the selling side they used- you can bring your other half (so that's £70 for a friday night out!)...... Some people are shocked that I don't want to go.

Two free tickets going and somebody who has paid has been taken into ill and awaiting an opportation, as I'm leaving she offered me the tickets for me and Drew to go for free...... I've still said no!
Old 17-12-10, 10:06 AM   #5
Ed

No party to go to this year. At Liverpool they are all worried about whether they'll have a job in the new year, so nobody is feeling celebratory.
Old 17-12-10, 10:09 AM   #6
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
+1

Ours is this evening and its £35 a head with drinks on top the selling side they used- you can bring your other half (so that's £70 for a friday night out!)...... Some people are shocked that I don't want to go.

Two free tickets going and somebody who has paid has been taken into ill and awaiting an opportation, as I'm leaving she offered me the tickets for me and Drew to go for free...... I've still said no!
Good plan!
At £35 a head I wouldn't

The last party I worked (Friday gone) was paid mostly by the company. I wouldn't go to a works party if it I had to pay.

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-10, 10:09 AM   #7
Rai86

jeez wheres your christmas spirt. I think office parties help teams work better together, makes you realise that your boss/ bosses boss are in fact human

My lot arent that bad, most are about my age and are quite good fun
Old 17-12-10, 10:25 AM   #8
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Office party?

this

ours is tonight. im not going, i dont particularly like many of the people that work here im sure the feeling is mutual. this year it was decided we'd go to a hotel where an overnight stay is £59, the meal itself is £35, so add drinks to that and im not going to get any change out of £130 i wouldnt have thought. the week before christmas. good one

rai, wear something see through
Old 17-12-10, 10:37 AM   #9
Tara

we aren't having one this year not that i would go
Old 17-12-10, 10:48 AM   #10
Reeder

Wow. Having to pay for your own tickets?! That's a bit harsh.
Been invited to a works meal at a really nice pub out in the sticks on the 23rd all paid for (excluding drinks) and I still turned down the offer. Genuinely not interested in spending time with the people outside of work.