SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-08-13, 06:24 PM   #31
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tattoo's anyone got any??

I'm upto 8 tattoos now. They consist of my kids/step kids names, a couple that have no meaning and then me and kitkat have matching tattoos.
This one I had done last year

It's not completely finished in that pic, I went back a bit later and had a few highlights and touch ups done

Last edited by dirtydog; 21-08-13 at 06:25 PM.
dirtydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-13, 06:46 PM   #32
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

A female colleague had a nice one of a chain of elephants forming a ring around her bicep, trunk to tail with a baby one at the end like Jungle Book.

She said when she was old and saggy with wrinkly bingo wings the elephants would look more realistic which made me chuckle.
Old 21-08-13, 08:41 PM   #33
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
funnily enough I have a couple of crossed pistons under a skull on my left arm, first bike club, first big bike, wondrous times to remember
Interesting.

I have a few tats and have been considering a new one of my bike. Well, partially, I have not finished the design yet, but a cartoon SV sounds like a laugh to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-13, 10:24 PM   #34
stuR

Ive got 2 half sleeves and 2 smaller tats. One half sleeve is biomech, i think i will make it a full sleeve and add some bike related mech in there..
Old 21-08-13, 10:37 PM   #35
timwilky
Mega Poster

Nope, none. None of my family have any, none of my kids have either.

I am sorry to say that I cringe at tats. I understand that maybe they say something about your frame of mind of the time. But as my missus who has worked in care homes would say. Lets spread the folds and see whats it is. What do you mean it is a butterfly. It looks like a 747 from here.

Ok too P'd to defend my opinion. Sorry guys, it is self mutilation. you cannot undo it. 20 years on you have made a mistake. Live with it. Regret for the rest of your life is horrid.

Maybe you never do have that regret and fair do's, it is self expression. But when you have Tina on your wanking arm and the brides name is Anna, little you can do but say sorry love it is a mistake before I ever met you and don't mention the significance of where it is.
Old 21-08-13, 10:55 PM   #36
stuR

Lifes too short to worry about if ill regret something in 20 years time. I could get knocked off the bike and die tommorow so i may aswell do what i want while i can. And if im 80 and still about, ill probably think im happy to be alive, not worrying that i shouldnt of got a tattoo when i was a young whipper snapper
Old 21-08-13, 11:20 PM   #37
minimorecambe

This is the only one of mine that means anything.
The Koi carp symbolise new beginnings and growing into something stronger.
The Cherry blossom symbolises short life. (I was in a bad accident, was very lucky and it made me rethink my life plans)

There are days I love it and days I hate it and days when I forget I even have it.
I used to hide it when I first met people for fear of their perception of me.

I think WB didn't see it for about a week after first meeting. I would wear long sleeves so that he knew me before the tattoo.

I did regret having it on my forearm at first but it's part of me now and I wouldn't get rid of it or hide it now.
I was asked whether I would use camouflage make-up for our wedding but I didn't want to look back at the photo's and wonder where my tattoos were. It wouldn't be me.

Last edited by minimorecambe; 21-08-13 at 11:36 PM.
Old 21-08-13, 11:27 PM   #38
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuR View Post
Lifes too short to worry about if ill regret something in 20 years time. I could get knocked off the bike and die tommorow so i may aswell do what i want while i can. And if im 80 and still about, ill probably think im happy to be alive, not worrying that i shouldnt of got a tattoo when i was a young whipper snapper

Ah lad, I have got my grandad head on. I have so many friends trying to justify their teen/forces/drunken tats to their mates. I just wonder how they justify them to themselves. most do seem to regret them as they are not the same person who had them done 30 odd years ago.
Old 22-08-13, 05:56 AM   #39
Fruity-ya-ya

Default Tattoo's anyone got any??

Just the one at the moment although wanting more but a lack of money and the wife practically begging me not to have so far dissuaded me. Oddly she likes tattoos but prefers to see them on people she doesn't have to see naked.

Having wanted one from an early age I'm glad to say I thoroughly researched having one before getting inked unlike my younger brother who hates all four if his (Chinese symbols, wonky tribals and a dodgy looking dragon) and saving up for cover ups.

Mine is my coat of arms/family name on my lower leg and I love it. Had it done 6 years ago just after my eldest was born at a reputable studio having looked into other places and artists. I must admit it took me years to choose it having considered tribals and other self penned designs. Even then i went through a variety of sizes and locations before finally deciding so perhaps that's why I'm so happy with it?
Old 22-08-13, 07:35 AM   #40
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimorecambe View Post
There are days I love it and days I hate it and days when I forget I even have it.
I used to hide it when I first met people for fear of their perception of me.

]
I noticed it at this years AR, my only thought was "that's a nice tat"