SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-04-06, 04:38 PM   #1
Dan_SV

Default Canadian Market Restrictions

Looking at MitchC on this one.

I'm currently living in Japan, and have come across a lovely '98 GSXR750 for sale. It's imported from Canada, as the japs have power restrictions, and is allegedly full power.

I just wanted to check to see if canadian market bikes are strangled in terms of power in anyway?

Cheers in advance.

Dan.
Old 11-04-06, 06:48 AM   #2
Dan_SV

Bump

Have tried all manner of searches all over the web, but still no definitive answer? I read somewhere about air injection? Didnt realise 98 model gixers had the PAIR system? Or don't they? It's been taken off anyway to make way for an Akrapovic system- so I'm not too worried about that- If it's airbox I can fix it too. It's just if its cams and internals etc that would be a problem.

So can anyone shed any light on this? Burner? You used to be into your Gixers did you not?

Dan.
Old 11-04-06, 10:06 AM   #3
jambo
Mega Poster

AFAIK Canada's fine for power but has some very tight emissions regs so all Canadian bikes have a load of piping and a box of charcoal to soak up fuel vapour and sometimes a few other gimmicks & Gizmos. Don't quote me mind
Old 11-04-06, 11:43 AM   #4
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Re: Canadian Market Restrictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_SV
I'm currently living in Japan

Nice one mate! Bring us back a mint AE86 Trueno
Old 11-04-06, 03:15 PM   #5
Dan_SV

mwoahahahahaha Gixer is now mine. Got a little stiffy coming on. Note to self: don't speak mind all the time......

Pair system is removed, all the hardware has been properly taken off, but the little pipes are blocked off near the downpipes. I want to remove these pipes and install proper blanking plates above the zorst ports. I'll have a measure up and see if the plates are the same dimensions as SV ones. So it should be full power (people don't lie in Japan, so I have every confidence it is.

It's very mint, needs a bit of a spruce up, but that's fine by me for the price I got it.

Goodies include: Akrapovic Full system , braided hoses, nissin radial master cylinder.

Been recently fully serviced. I'm in love.... probably not making any sense...

I have had the pleasure of driving a beautiful Levin out here Skippy.....

If you want to chat about things seriously (or stupidly) r.e. cars Skip, PM me, and i'll show you some stuff that will blow ya mind!

Dan.