SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 22-07-07, 09:43 PM   #1
-Ralph-

Default Apology

While replying to a thread tonight, I realised that I owe everyone on this rideout

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...highlight=july

an apology.

I nearly came off on a left hander at 70 odd mph, because I had got caught in overtaking traffic and was trying to make up lost ground to catch the group of 4 other riders that I had been behind. That was stupid and picking me up wouldn't have been a great experience for anyone. Also one guy hit wet road markings whilst watching my battle to stay upright in his mirrors and had a wobble himself.

So I'm sorry.
Old 25-07-07, 09:44 AM   #2
Tiger 55

Default Re: Apology

No apology necessary mate, we're all big boys and girls.

But thanks for reminding me of this stellar quote...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinbal4 View Post
God knows how I managed to keep that bike rubber side up
Old 25-07-07, 09:49 AM   #3
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
No apology necessary mate, we're all big boys and girls.

But thanks for reminding me of this stellar quote...
Just noticed that too.
Old 25-07-07, 12:49 PM   #4
kitkat

im confused

why are you apologising about something that happened a year ago when I can see no reason for you to apologise. its not as if you knocked people off.

I somehow think im missing the point here but then thats my usual outlook on life
Old 25-07-07, 06:29 PM   #5
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
im confused

why are you apologising about something that happened a year ago when I can see no reason for you to apologise. its not as if you knocked people off.

I somehow think im missing the point here but then thats my usual outlook on life
It's never too late for an apology. A couple of quotes from http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=93525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
The pleasure of riding isn't worth the feeling you get when you come across someone on a rideout laid on the floor. That happened on the North Wales rideout, and that's the last time I want it to happen.

So if someone is riding beyond their ability, trying to keep up with the pace, if the worst happens & they come off, then you have to deal with the aftermath..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
Many a true word spoken Baph! the ecosse posse had a few tumbles or a few closes one when individual member are keeping up with the ones in front.

It should be a group rideout but a the moment its like 3/4 individual races where everyone is trying to keep with/compete with s/he in front.
Quote:
Originally Posted by independentphoto View Post
Nothing spoils a rideout more than worrying about the casualty that happened earlier on in the day.
Lots of different people on forums with lots of different views! I work on the principal that every persons perception is their reality.

Had I come off the bike that day at 70mph with busy oncoming traffic, it wouldn't have been pretty and not pleasant for whoever picked me up.

I'm glad those who've posted here don't think the apology is necessary, but by being an idiot and playing catch up, I lacked consideration for those around me. There will be those out there who feel thats selfish and not acceptable on a group rideout. I certainly won't be doing it again. It's to those people I owe the apology.

Anyway - enough said!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 25-07-07 at 06:33 PM.
Old 25-07-07, 07:52 PM   #6
independentphoto

A big "up" to Ralph for that.... wouldn't say it was necessary there, but he's a big fella for realising and admitting to it. We'd certainly not want your good "Madame" on our backs for leading you astray.

That was quite a day that particular rideout - snow and all sorts wasn't it? Well, the one I'm thinking of was.

Cheers,

Garry