SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 27-08-10, 08:55 PM   #1
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Default Garage have dropped my bike!

Not having a great day all round at all!

Bike's in at the local garage for it's service, and I got a (very apologetic) call from them this evening to say it slipped off the paddock stand and fell over...

No real harm done, needs a new mirror and screen - could've been a lot worse.

What was refreshing however, was the 'really sorry, we've got a mirror on it's way and we wanted to check what screen you wanted before we replaced that' attitude couldn't have been better.

Accidents happen, it can't be helped but they couldn't have dealt with this any better to be honest.

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-10, 09:00 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Garage have dropped my bike!

At least they told you

When I was dropping off some bits at my spray mans shop, he had a fairing in for an emergency job, as this big dealership had done the same thing in their workshop

They hadn't coughed to the customer either and spray man said they probably wouldn't. Even though it was a big job he was doing for them.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-10, 09:48 PM   #3
Lozzo

Our apprentice dropped a brand new ER6F the other week - straight out of the crate, put it on the sidestand, walked away and it moved forward 6 inches all on its own and crashed onto its side . Cost the boss a new fairing panel cos that's all that got scratched. The rest of the bike landed on the folded up huge sheet of cardboard that the crates come wrapped in.

Three days later one of our PXs, a very clean 1993 ZZR1100 that we were due to break for spares fell onto its side all on its own - genuine. It had been sitting there for a week with a flat rear tyre and no end of people had walked past it and knocked it, brushed up against it with no problems. One afternoon our mechanic heard a huge crash so launched himself out of his slumber and poked his head round the door to see the ZZR on its side and no-one anywhere near it. All the other staff in the building were upstairs in the showroom. That's two fairing panels that won't fetch top money on ebay then
Old 28-08-10, 02:52 AM   #4
Milky Bar Kid

Was it the normal guy you go to or the ones I had the fun wth?
Old 28-08-10, 06:48 PM   #5
Holdup

It happens at least they sorted it out though

I once dropped a bandit 1200 with crash bars whilst putting it away, nice dent in the shop floor... oh and almost dropped our old CBR600RR8 ex demo that we had just sold 2 minutes before
Old 28-08-10, 09:33 PM   #6
CheGuevara

I've always held the opinion that everyone makes mistakes, and our true measure is how we make good on them. Sounds like you have some good folks at that garage.
CheGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-10, 11:17 PM   #7
dill89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
I've always held the opinion that everyone makes mistakes, and our true measure is how we make good on them. Sounds like you have some good folks at that garage.
+1 for sure, accidents happen, they treated you the way they should have in the end
Old 29-08-10, 04:47 AM   #8
arenalife

Check it over well obviously, just cos they've replaced obviously smashed stuff, they may have left scratches on other stuff.
Old 29-08-10, 06:56 PM   #9
JamesMio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheGuevara View Post
Certainly have - they always bend over backwards to help, whatever the problem.

Freak accident's happen, there really is no lasting harm done and they've put everything right before it was even remotely a problem.

Creatomatic
JamesMio is offline   Reply With Quote