SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Good The Bad and The Ugly Pub and Cafe guide Know any good biking meeting places. List them here and give them a rating

Old 10-07-06, 06:28 PM   #1
JUICY LUCY

Default BRECON

Wow, want scenery, want windy roads, want hairpin bends, want peace and quiet, but wanna stop off and meet lotsa people on bikes and have some good tucker??? Yes, you can get it all here.

Just follow signposts to Brecon, South Wales. Just 10 miles BEFORE Brecon you see a sharp bend to the right and just further right a mass of motorbikes and a burger van hanging over the edge of a valley. It's beautiful.
Old 10-07-06, 08:24 PM   #2
valleyboy

Storrey Arms is the bit at the top just before it winds down.... that corner where the burger van is quite good to do at 70 ish MPH.. as you crank the bike over and throw it the other way.. sometimes with 50 bikers watching you.. so dont come off..

should give me a shout next time your in that area.. I only live about 15 minutes away... not far from 1000 sheep road... :P
Old 11-07-06, 07:31 AM   #3
JUICY LUCY

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
Storrey Arms is the bit at the top just before it winds down.... that corner where the burger van is quite good to do at 70 ish MPH.. as you crank the bike over and throw it the other way.. sometimes with 50 bikers watching you.. so dont come off..

should give me a shout next time your in that area.. I only live about 15 minutes away... not far from 1000 sheep road... :P
Was there two weeks ago on a Sunday and some guy (it wasn't you was it?) raced his m8 and came off his bike. The only thing he'd damaged was his pride!
Old 12-07-06, 06:33 PM   #4
valleyboy

I havent crashed this thing yet.. more to do with luck than judgment....
Old 25-07-06, 08:22 PM   #5
_Stretchie_
Large Member
Mega Poster

Oooooh yes, been there with VB, and the others.. Nice corner there. That's where I had to use grass to try and clean my visor it was THAT dirty

Look right-> <-Look Left
_Stretchie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-07, 02:56 PM   #6
joeheaven

Default Re: BRECON

Know it well. That whole area: Hay-on-Wye, Kington, Leominster, Hereford, Brecon, Abergavenny, Ross... Love it, as do many others. bikers EVERYWHERE up there this weekend just gone, all making the most of lovely roads, scenery and weather. Bliss!
Old 14-03-07, 12:26 AM   #7
ejohnh

Hovis and I were in abergavenny on sunday wiv the WRC . Never seen so many bikes all together!!
Old 14-03-07, 09:08 AM   #8
joeheaven

Abergavenny is very popular with bikers. Hope to spend some sunny days in the area myself this summer.........
Old 14-03-07, 03:56 PM   #9
Mogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohnh View Post
Hovis and I were in abergavenny on sunday wiv the WRC . Never seen so many bikes all together!!
What time? I was there from about 4.00pm to 5.00pm, didn't see you. I thought Hovi5 was grounded on sundays.
Old 14-03-07, 04:03 PM   #10
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs View Post
What time? I was there from about 4.00pm to 5.00pm, didn't see you. I thought Hovi5 was grounded on sundays.
i was there @ 1-2pm with ejohn & then 5 ish on my todd?

got a few sundays off time owing from last year