SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-06-08, 01:45 PM   #1
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Default Small hands - need help

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I could not find a definitive answer. I have small hands and find that my thumb aches from the reach when pulling in the clutch on my new SV08 in town riding. It isn't so much the clutch being stiff, just that I have to push my thumb right back to stretch my fingers around the lever.

Being a very petite female it's bad enough struggling to paddle the bike anywhere without being in agony after a 30 minute ride too.

Any helpful advice on this problem?
Littlepeahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-08, 01:50 PM   #2
Girth
Mega Poster

Default Re: Small hands - need help

Hallo!

I know BluePete had/has this problem and changed his levers for some Pazzo's because they are adjustable.

I'm sure someone will come along and give more info tho!
Old 17-06-08, 01:52 PM   #3
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Was going to suggest something like Pazzo lever - but they are not cheap, about £65/lever.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-08, 02:06 PM   #4
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Was going to suggest something like Pazzo lever - but they are not cheap, about £65/lever.
+1

I have not used them but a girlie I know says they are brill and worth getting, didn't know they was that much tho, still comfort is important and that's not majorily expensive.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-08, 02:11 PM   #5
Dangerous Dave

Hi, as mentioned above the Pazzo lever swap is an option....

There is a Kawasaki GPZ500 clutch lever which fits too that is adjustable... have a look on the FAQ page.
Old 17-06-08, 07:57 PM   #6
shonadoll

I posted a pic of my pazzo levers in this thread http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...ustable+clutch

as I had the same problem. These sorted it, expensive but worth it.
Old 17-06-08, 09:23 PM   #7
St0rmer66

I did the GPZ500 swap, works great! ZX6R from 1998-2002, ZX9R from 1998 onwards and all years of ER-5 will also fit. Try get one with the silver lever and you can barely tell the difference from the stock SV brake lever to the Kawasaki clutch lever. Cost me about ?15-20 inc. postage from eBay.
Old 17-06-08, 09:35 PM   #8
scottjames

sorry to butt in but is there any way of keeping the clutch in safty thing when swaping to an adustable leaver. ? Joining the wires to make a short seems a bit of a bodge to me. ? ? scott.
Old 17-06-08, 10:01 PM   #9
St0rmer66

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjames View Post
sorry to butt in but is there any way of keeping the clutch in safty thing when swaping to an adustable leaver. ? Joining the wires to make a short seems a bit of a bodge to me. ? ? scott.
Only way I could see to keep the switch at all is to keep it on the end of the wires and do it manually... so not really doing the same thing at all. Personally I have never found it a problem as I always put it in Neutral when I stop and only leave it in gear on a hill (which itself would remind me to pull the clutch in). Never had another bike or known anyone with another bike with the same "feature" either!

Also even on the rare occasion that I've started the bike in gear with the clutch engaged it just lunged forward a tiny bit and stopped, not been an issue for me.
Old 17-06-08, 10:10 PM   #10
scottjames

its never been an issue for me, it is also te first bike for me which has had this too. i just like the idea of keeping it std while improving it if you can see what i mean. the feature is there an i would like to make the best of it plus it helps the resale easier if i have to. scott