SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-01-09, 12:42 PM   #1
Girth
Mega Poster

Default Scooters....arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

On the way to work this morning and i'm filtering at a steady pace and a scooter appears in my LHd mirror out of no where, i'm crossing a junction so naturally slow down. This little scrot on a ratty ped shoots up the inside me and cuts me up to get past the car on the RHD side. Now, i'm not happy and purse to let him know his wrongs, in doing so i see him do the same to two people on scooters.

I get past all of them safely and carry on and am about to move to the left as there is a car stationary turning right, the little **** does it again!

So i get past and get along side him on the right, flip my visor up and see he hasn't even got his helmet fastend. I tell him rather politely to do i'm not happy and do it again and he may kiss the road

As i turn to go round a right hander i see him following with his foot out motard style. Who passes these people with a CBT?!?!

I normally have no problem with scooter riders but this one got wound right up!

:RANT OVER:
Old 13-01-09, 12:50 PM   #2
krhall

Default Re: Scooters....arghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Girth - I understand totally and see this sort of thing on a daily basis, scooters taking unnecessary risks and leaving a trail of p1ss3d of car drivers in their wake, who in turn get arsy with the rest of us qualified bike riders.

I was filtering through stationery traffic on the A2 last night, it was drizzling and dark. I was doing about 25-30 mph when behind me comes a scooter, weaving from mirror to mirror trying to get past me. I just pulled over and let him go in the end as I can do without too much light in my mirrors on rides like last night.

What a tw&t!
Old 13-01-09, 12:51 PM   #3
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

I have at times been guilty of riding like a nobhead, but I didn't on my CBT... so don't blame the instructors!

Chill out anyway, you get nutters like that and they'll get hurt and slow down soon enough.
Old 13-01-09, 12:55 PM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhall View Post
I was filtering through stationery traffic on the A2 last night, it was drizzling and dark. I was doing about 25-30 mph when behind me comes a scooter, weaving from mirror to mirror trying to get past me. I just pulled over and let him go in the end as I can do without too much light in my mirrors on rides like last night.

What a tw&t!
And he was thinking, sportsbike riding poof, get a move on. Why are you in my way... what a tw&t! ... oh right he's moved ... cheers... Bye...

If you get people who are braver than you in traffic then just let them go, it's not worth the hassle.

KR and girth, you both like your bikes, so you get snotty with someone on a ratty ped or a bike like mine... they aren't going to care less about ragging a barend over your shiny panels... you on the other hand will be quite upset. Just let them go!
Old 13-01-09, 12:59 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

I had this done to me once before and he actually caused me to lock up and almost dump my bike. I pulled along side him, and if he didnt have one of those girly cover things ove his legs, his keys would have been in the thames! I gave him a mouth full and he juststared at me.

However, sweet justice. The next day on that same bit of road i saw him having a chat with the boys in dayglo. Didnt see him after that
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-09, 01:03 PM   #6
Jester666

I find that using them as a brake is fun. I had on pull out in front of me without looking. He got a bit upset when I rode into him on my work bike. Once I had pointed out the errors in his riding standards (In my own unique way! ) he understood and apologised!
Old 13-01-09, 01:04 PM   #7
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Yeah important phrase in that... "on my work bike" Can't see girth doing that on his shiny thou!
Old 13-01-09, 01:06 PM   #8
Jester666

True!!
Old 13-01-09, 02:02 PM   #9
Tomtoms

i remember a few years ago a chav-tastic moped rider cut me up in my car and hammered his breaks on for no apparent reason (we had just com off a mini roundabout). it caused me to nudge his back wheel and he wobbled a bit. then he started to ride properly! haha

i think i accidently scared him a bit, for the best though!