SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 02-03-09, 10:32 AM   #21
philbut

Default Re: The rideout thread (redux)

I spent all day trying to do what should have been a 1 hour job - doing chain and sprockets on the ZX7. The bloody clutch slave cylinder is jammed onto it's mounts, so I couldn't remove the front sproket. i ended up fashoning a bespoke tool from an old 8mm spanner and some brute force to remove the bolts from the bracket behind. Hopefully should get it all done tonight, then I just need to balance the carbs.

Took the Mrs on her first bike ride down to Fox's too. she was terrified but I think she enjoyed it (although she won't admit it). She did keep making power ranger comments about all the old men in one piece suits though She is learning fast!
Old 02-03-09, 11:54 AM   #22
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
She did keep making power ranger comments about all the old men in one piece suits though She is learning fast!
hehehehe
Old 03-03-09, 09:34 PM   #23
walkaboutandy

I had a lovely run to south wales via the forest of Dean on Saturday and back on Sunday. Although Saturday was better as I was hung over on Sunday and nearly had an off when I skidded on a massive pile of sick, braking into a roundabout.
Old 03-03-09, 09:52 PM   #24
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkaboutandy View Post
I had a lovely run to south wales via the forest of Dean on Saturday and back on Sunday. Although Saturday was better as I was hung over on Sunday and nearly had an off when I skidded on a massive pile of sick, braking into a roundabout.
What, your own sick from being hungover?! So you managed to vom in front of your own bike whilst riding? Gotta be a first...
Old 05-03-09, 11:16 AM   #25
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkaboutandy View Post
I have to say that is the 1st time I have ever heard this kind of thing. I think I've heard all other reasons but this one is awesome!
Old 05-03-09, 12:21 PM   #26
ogden
Mega Poster

There was a very, very long thread on UKRM about ten years ago following someone's claim to have come off after their front wheel lost grip on an apple core.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-09, 12:53 PM   #27
philbut

Hmmmm, I hit a brick, banked over for a corner at 60 on my GPZ and didn't have any issues. Must have been one bloody big apple!
Old 05-03-09, 03:09 PM   #28
DanAbnormal

Actually, a guiy that used to train at our gym was killed after hitting a foxes remains. Poor chap.
Old 05-03-09, 04:08 PM   #29
walkaboutandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanAbnormal View Post
I have to say that is the 1st time I have ever heard this kind of thing. I think I've heard all other reasons but this one is awesome!
Well I doubt it was sick but it did look like it ....like porridge or man fat. It was a pool of white lumpy stuff on the road, right in the braking zone before cornering onto the roundabout. It was the A43 so I was going pretty quick. My front wheel locked up so I straightened up the bike and then braked again once over the sick and slowed down enough not to hit the roundabout. Was a bit of a sphicter twitching moment!