SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Should I attack it with the water pistol to make it scared to come here anymore?
Yes 9 40.91%
No 13 59.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-08, 11:36 AM   #1
Kinvig

Default There's a fox in my garden

it's always chasing Artoo.

Should I attack it with the water pistol to make it scared to come here anymore?
Old 02-02-08, 11:38 AM   #2
Speedy Claire

Default Re: There's a fox in my garden

water worked with my cats but not sure bout a fox
Old 02-02-08, 11:38 AM   #3
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
it's always chasing Artoo.

Should I attack it with the *AK47* to make it scared to come here anymore?
corrected
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 11:40 AM   #4
Stig

Shoot it.
Old 02-02-08, 11:42 AM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

Two in mine, oh and leave them alone.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 02-02-08 at 11:46 AM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 12:51 PM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

Shoot the bloody thing, they are a menace, when you lose 20+ birds overnight to them and killed for the sake of killing, not even for food. You see the evil they are.

They are not cute, they are a killing machine and a lazy, they would rather take from a chicken run than hunt for themselves.
Old 02-02-08, 12:51 PM   #7
K

That top one there Mark looks like he's recovering from a nasty accident... or has some form of mange.

As for you Dirk - as you will be toddling off round the world, and you cat will be (hopefully) settleing in to a new territory - leave them alone.
Old 02-02-08, 01:07 PM   #8
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Shoot the bloody thing, they are a menace, when you lose 20+ birds overnight to them and killed for the sake of killing, not even for food. You see the evil they are.

They are not cute, they are a killing machine and a lazy, they would rather take from a chicken run than hunt for themselves.
seeing as both me and Dirk live in London, I very much doubt these foxes have ever seen a live chicken and probably would recognise one without its secret southen fried coating

Oh and K you could be right, think there maybe another around as this one is a bit banged up as well

Cheers Mark
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-08, 01:07 PM   #9
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post

That's nature though. If you had an easier route to a food source then you would take it too. You could say we are in the wrong for giving them the opportunity, offering chickens on a plate. Cats are also killing machines, and will also frequently kill just for fun. Humans are killing machines. Any carnivore is, that's how they work.

Personally I'd just leave it be but I guess the water pistol thing could work if the fox is really becoming a problem. If that doesn't work then get those little party poppers and shoot one in it's general direction, that'll scare it. If it learns to associate loud noise with your garden it will be less likely to come back I would have thought.

EDIT: I'm not excusing what the foxes do, they can be a right menace.

Last edited by missyburd; 02-02-08 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-02-08, 01:14 PM   #10
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
As for you Dirk - as you will be toddling off round the world, and you cat will be (hopefully) settleing in to a new territory - leave them alone.
Artoo will be abandoned (sorry, moved to the the spider shed) at the end of the garden.

hang on - didn't you once state that you let your dog attack the cats that enter your garden?????? Replace your cats with my fox and replace your dog with me & a super blaster water pistol and you should *then* be on my side against the fox!!!! ;o)