SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 08-05-08, 11:45 AM   #1
duanedibly

Default candy grand blue paint

Just wondered if anyone knew of a place where i can get touch up paint for my bike.Local bike shop wants £16 for a small touch up pot. The colour is Candy Grand Blue and the code is YC2.
Any help would be most appreciated.
Old 08-05-08, 12:27 PM   #2
gavinsky23

Default Re: candy grand blue paint

If you have a Halfords nearby then pop in there. You can get a touch up for ?8.99 or a spray can for ?10.99 I think it is. Just make sure that you get a primer as well to ensure the correct colour. I think it's a grey primer that you want. The touch up bottles are actually quite big, much bigger than the small 'pens' that you often get.
Old 08-05-08, 01:44 PM   #3
sv_rory

i just had a tin mixed up from halfors withf the same colour code yc2. candy grand blue

cost me 10.99 for the colour in an aerosol
Old 08-05-08, 01:50 PM   #4
duanedibly

Thumbs up Re: candy grand blue paint

Thanks for the replies. So are you telling me you can get the exact match from Halfords?. With the same colour code?.
Old 08-05-08, 02:15 PM   #5
Well Oiled

I think I still have the touch up from my blue curvy. Used about 1% of it as I only ever touched up one scratch. Was going to have a sort out and put all the stuff on ebay. If I can find it you can have it for a fiver (both pots - colour and clear coat).

PM me if you want em.

Cheers Keith
Old 08-05-08, 02:38 PM   #6
gavinsky23

Yeah, I work in there part time. If you go in with the code/name, there are hundreds of motorcycle colours on their computer with the car paints under the 'manufacturer' motocycli I think it is. I needed to get YC2 Grand Candy so i know it's definetly there, most colours are!
Old 09-05-08, 01:51 PM   #7
duanedibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well Oiled View Post
I think I still have the touch up from my blue curvy. Used about 1% of it as I only ever touched up one scratch. Was going to have a sort out and put all the stuff on ebay. If I can find it you can have it for a fiver (both pots - colour and clear coat).

PM me if you want em.

Cheers Keith
Hi Keith

Sorry for the late reply. if you can find the paint and it is still usable i will have it off you. I have only a few small scratches to cover where i dropped the bike on my drive the other other day, so only need a small amount myself. let me know when you have sorted it out.

Thanks

Andrew