SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-05-07, 07:58 AM   #1
slark01

Thumbs up I have a story to tell

About 6 months ago I bought a brand new naked Svs
It was the last one that the shop had and I could tell that the salesman was eager to sell it, so with a bit of haggling I managed to get the bike, an alarm at half price, Fairings/belly pan for a 100 quid.
However the fairings etc had to be ordered from suzuki and I was told it would take a couple of weeks, fair enough I thought.
A few weeks down the line I still hadn't recieved a phone call, so I got in touch with the shop and spoke to the salesman, he told me that the wrong parts had been sent so they were waiting on suzuki to replace them.
Ok fair enough I thought.
Now this is where things start - The wife ends up in hospital, problems with the pregnancy, everything is forgotten about the bike.
Just after christmas Anna-mai is born and things are still up in the air.
In the mean time no telephone calls from the shop regarding my kit.
Anyway a few weeks ago the wife makes a comment about the bike and Ping, memory comes back regarding the kit, I immediately get in touch with the shop. I find out that the salesman has been fired and that there is no record of the deal for the fairings etc. A bit stunned but not shaken I immediately threaten to take the shop to court, within half an hour I was talking to the MD and the parts were ordered.
Great me thinks
I recieve a phone call last Monday from the shop " what parts do you need, as we have recieved the parts but unsure as to whether we have them all". I told them I was unsure due to it taking so long and also being really busy with a baby.
The following day I got another phone call telling me that they had all the parts and that it could be fitted next wednesday. I have a sneaky suspicion that I may have more than agreed.
Well the parts are going to be fitted on Wednesday, so I will see if I get any extra, If I do I will let you know.
Goes to show you though, never give up!
Old 04-05-07, 08:04 AM   #2

Default Re: I have a story to tell

Glad to hear it will be all sorted soon, and hope the baby and mum are ok.

I always get the dealer to right down any extras being given or thrown in the deal to ensure that its on paper.... might help. might not.. you never know?
Old 04-05-07, 08:05 AM   #3
Tiger 55

Good story! Enjoy the new parts mate, it'll be about 25 years before you have any spare money for that sort of thing...
Old 04-05-07, 09:10 AM   #4
stewie

Good one, hope mum,Anna mai and parts are all doin well.
Stew
Old 04-05-07, 09:39 AM   #5
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Don't mean to be picky but whats a Nakid SVs? ( the s means faired) if it's a Nakid what fairings are you getting? because a faired headlight cowl uses a different wiring loom AFAIK
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-07, 09:47 AM   #6
slark01

my apologies stu, i stand corrected, the bike has no lower fairing or belly pan, that is what i will be getting next wednesday.
Wife and baba are well. Thanks for asking
Old 04-05-07, 09:55 AM   #7
petevtwin650

Glad Mum and Babe are doing well.

I would not believe anything a "salesman" tells until I had it written down on the invoice. Luckily the shop seem to have scruples. Wonder if that would have happened at Motorcycle City or Carnells (RIP)
Old 05-05-07, 08:01 AM   #8
Dysparunia

I didn't think lower fairings and belly pans could be fitted simultaneously????

What colour??
Old 05-05-07, 10:10 AM   #9
stewie

Which particular dealer was it ? was it one a few miles north of our present location by any chance ?
stew
Old 05-05-07, 11:37 AM   #10
slark01

the shop is MMC, St helens.
piccie of bike =
http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?i...nnamaisjq7.jpg