SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-11-17, 04:59 PM   #11
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Default Re: R & G heated grips for K3

I know a guy that does serious commuting on his Triumph, winter and summer, rain or shine. He had some muffs that he fitted, they stayed on the bars and he slid his hands into them, he swore by them.... Will try to find more info.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 09-11-17 at 05:03 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-17, 10:58 PM   #12
phi-dan

A friend gave me these as they were surplus to requirements https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F182016987464
I found they were very effective, and even with summer gloves my hands were toasty without heated grips.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-17, 08:30 AM   #13
shiftin_gear98

Jane,
I have Oxford heated grips - used them for 7 years no issues. Two bikes mind. Current set have been fitted to my SV since I got it, as I couldn't bear not having them. (I get numb hands and the cold makes it even worse). 5 years ago - the grips are nearly worn through but as replacing the grips costs the same as a new set I will ignore the state of them until I have to replace it. (I'm skint).
I also have Halvarsson winter gloves. I find this combination fine for most of the ****e that winter throws at me on my daily commute. In the deepest darkest depths of last winter I have to admit the above wasn't cutting it anymore. I purchased something very similar to what phi-dan has linked. They are brilliant at keeping things toasty. Especially as I had the grips on and the gloves too.

I did however find them a pain in the ****. They are seriously clunky on the SV. I'm not sure if it's made worse due to my height 6'2" but the seemed to want to naturally point down when I needed them to point up.

Still when the weather gets ****e again they will be going back on, if I can remember where I put them. Which I can't as I type this....
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-17, 08:33 AM   #14
shiftin_gear98

I actually have a horrible nagging feeling that I might have even binned them as they ****ed me off so much one day. Ah well, I'll find out when I want them.
Old 12-11-17, 06:57 PM   #15
shiftin_gear98

Found them!! Glad they survived.
Old 13-11-17, 12:04 PM   #16
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Good to hear.

I have been experimenting with gel hand warmers when out and that is helpful at the moment, but come winter I am going to need something warmer. Thanks for the advice folks, there is a lot here to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-17, 01:51 PM   #17
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

I've had a pair of Keis heated inner gloves for over 5 years.They are a tad expensive but quality.I always buy my winter gloves one size bigger than my hands to allow for inner-gloves.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...CoHTkwXgiIKYCg

You do have to put the wiring in your jacket and have a socket to plug into on the bike.I have an SAE connector at the side of my bike which I also use for my battery tender.Also I used a bit of springy coiled wire from my jacket to the socket so when I get off the bike I don't accidentally rive the plug off etc.

I suffer from bad circulation/Industrial VWF(Raynauds) and these inner gloves keep my fingers just warm enough to fight this off but I also have some cheap Hand-Guards fitted.

I also take a 1-a-day Ginkgo Biloba tablet(Ebay) and these have helped with my circulation and fight against the cold.They can take about a month to realize their affect but they work for me.

HTH )
Old 13-11-17, 03:36 PM   #18
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1ffR4ff View Post

I also take a 1-a-day Ginkgo Biloba tablet(Ebay) and these have helped with my circulation and fight against the cold.They can take about a month to realize their affect but they work for me.

HTH )
I take Ginkgo tablets when playing Golf or walking outdoors in the winter, and they do help a lot with cold hands, you can get like thick gloves or mittens for golf but you get tired of keep taking them on and off and dropping them so I found Ginkgo does the job.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote