SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2013 Annual Rideout Plan and discussions for next years event

Old 24-05-13, 07:01 AM   #1
Spank86

Default The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by "thisseemslikeagoodidea.com"

Right, Lew's riding down from apparently somewhere near leeds and wants some company, I'd imagine others of you would feel similar and can all enjoy a group hug with him and Paul the 6th at every service station.

I don't know the way or any of the places up there in the hinterlands But I'm sure you lot can sort that out if you suggest leaving points and meeting points/times on the way to collect each other at.

It's what we did from the south last year.

and go...

P.S. get your chat out of our attendance thread you hairy arsed northerners (p.p.s if that sort of language offends you and you decide to order food from loomies, be sure to collect it sharpish)
Old 24-05-13, 10:12 AM   #2
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by ...

Hahaha this properly put a cheesey grin on my face.

There must be a fair few coming from anywhere above leeds or anyone we'll be passing to come join us on the trip down.

This may effect Orose too..

Sent from that magical device in my pocket.
LewSpeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 11:17 AM   #3
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by "thisseemslikeagoodidea.com"

Or maybe just get on the bike and ride down?

I know, sounds absolutely insane right?

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 11:19 AM   #4
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Default The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by ...

I can't be ar*ed riding that far on my own, it what might be naff weather, to somewhere that I don't even know if it'll be good or not, for the first time ever

I'm still only 98% sure I'm going, unless I can get a bit of a fleet together to ride down with it doesn't seem too appealing at the minute.

Paul The 6th is helping me out anyway so it's looking up already

Sent from that magical device in my pocket.
Old 24-05-13, 11:26 AM   #5
LewSpeight
Mega Poster

Edit
Old 24-05-13, 11:34 AM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: The Lew Speight leeds to loomies run thread courtesy of spank86 sponsored by "thisseemslikeagoodidea.com"

But what difference is riding down in a group going to make to the weekend? If you break down will the group be able to fix it? 50/50. Will the group stop it raining? No (not unless Paul has mastered weather control powers). Will you be able to talk to them whilst riding? Not really unless you have bluephone thingy.

Sorry if I sound rude but I don't really see a problem. What's wrong with just riding down with Paul anyway?

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 24-05-13, 11:38 AM   #7
Fallout
Mega Poster

You pleb. You have to look at is as an adventure. Stop at petty stations for a fag/coffee/leg stretch every 45 mins. You wouldn't bat an eyelid at that distance once you've done it a few times. 3 hours ish at motorway speeds. You could leave at 9am, ride all the way down to site, change your mind, stop somewhere for lunch, have a good poo, then ride back and still be home well before tea.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-13, 11:46 AM   #8
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

I think we need to make a man of him. Like sexually.

If you come down your guaranteed to get laid.

By spank.

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Old 24-05-13, 11:48 AM   #9
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
Or maybe just get on the bike and ride down?

I know, sounds absolutely insane right?
more fun in convoy. they can harass all the car drivers.
Old 24-05-13, 11:51 AM   #10
NTECUK
Mega Poster

You going to mix the route up?
Motorway A roads be a bit Pants.
When i,ve been up to the peaks we go via Ruland water .