SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-11-16, 09:48 PM   #1
NooBish-AbbZ

Default Pointy SV650S Tail Fairing Changes?

Evening guys, I'm looking to buy some replacement tail fairings for my 2013 SV650S L2. I'm just looking for advice in regards to whether there have been many cvhanges throughout the years to the fail fairings and therefore, what year's should I be looking for, if any in particular.

For example, would a set of 2004 SV tail fairings, fit my 2013 Sv tail fairings? Are the fittings all the same/anchor points etc?

Many thanks
NooBish-AbbZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-16, 02:38 PM   #2
Benjins

Default Re: Pointy SV650S Tail Fairing Changes?

Pretty sure they're all standard right up to the most recent gen (though I'll get quickly corrected if I'm wrong).

What colour are you looking for? I have a spare set of tail fairings from an '07 (I think) in black. They're in very good condition.
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-16, 03:44 PM   #3
NooBish-AbbZ

I'm looking for black! I have a wanted thread in the 'Wanted' forum, although I have two offers already. One set of potentially resprayed (i think a different) black and a standard set if noone is wanting to buy a job lot, from the SV for sale subforum in here.

If they both fall through can i get back to you? and thanks for posting
Old 13-11-16, 05:52 PM   #4
tom_e

K5 onwards will 100% fit.

K3 I'm not sure about due to having a slightly different back end. Something in my memory says K4s were a bit special in some respects as well.
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-16, 06:55 PM   #5
Benjins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooBish-AbbZ View Post
I'm looking for black! I have a wanted thread in the 'Wanted' forum, although I have two offers already. One set of potentially resprayed (i think a different) black and a standard set if noone is wanting to buy a job lot, from the SV for sale subforum in here.

If they both fall through can i get back to you? and thanks for posting
Yeah, no problem. Out of interest, what kind of ££ are people asking for for these? This is original black paint and actually comes from a 'Sport' and has 'Sport' written on it in white. Looks quite snazzy in my opinion.

Also has the light still in situ. Let me know if you're interested.
Old 13-11-16, 09:04 PM   #6
NooBish-AbbZ

I wouldn't need the light. It's literally a case of the two fairings down the side have both cracked as a result of my renntec rack and top box And no idea price wise, depends what you're(and potential other sellers) are looking for
Old 14-11-16, 09:56 PM   #7
NooBish-AbbZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjins View Post
Yeah, no problem. Out of interest, what kind of ££ are people asking for for these? This is original black paint and actually comes from a 'Sport' and has 'Sport' written on it in white. Looks quite snazzy in my opinion.

Also has the light still in situ. Let me know if you're interested.
Hi Benjins, would you be able to get any pictures of the fairings up for me? The one's for sale in the other thread are from an 03 plate, and going from Tom's comment they won't fit. So could you also confirm if they are definitely from an '07?
Old 15-11-16, 01:52 PM   #8
Benjins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooBish-AbbZ View Post
Hi Benjins, would you be able to get any pictures of the fairings up for me?

So could you also confirm if they are definitely from an '07?

No problem. I'll try and get a couple of shots tonight, though it may be late as I'm off to Manchester's finest Christmas markets after work and mulled wine makes my camera skills rather poor.

Will also confirm age, but I think the 'Sport' variation (not just the 'S' version) was from '07-'08 onwards which would lead me to believe they're right for you.
Old 15-11-16, 02:07 PM   #9
Benjins

Found some pics for you

https://imgur.com/a/BBPuA

Can also confirm it came off a K9. No seat cowl or inserts. PM me with a price if you're keen. Where you based?
Old 16-11-16, 08:04 AM   #10
NooBish-AbbZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjins View Post
Found some pics for you

https://imgur.com/a/BBPuA

Can also confirm it came off a K9. No seat cowl or inserts. PM me with a price if you're keen. Where you based?
Pm sent