SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-02-11, 10:21 AM   #1
Ceri JC

Default I'm back, sort of

Hi All,

I appreciate many of you won't remember me or won't care, that's fine, this is fine, this is just a convenient "cover it once" for those who do as I've seen comparatively few of you since I left and told even fewer why I was away.

I largely stopped posting here not long after Hovis died. Two main reasons, I bought a BMW F800GS and the very same day my wife got diagnosed with terminal cancer. I pretty much slung the (in need of several hours of fettling) SV650s in the garage and forgot about it and focused on spending as much time as possible with my wife, which was the reason I couldn't make Hovis' funeral.

I'd been riding the whole time since (about 25K miles, all weathers), albeit on the beemer and occassionally, my pit bike. That is, until a crash in Germany (my fault, I forgot these continental types ride on the right) late last year put me in intensive care. Yesterday I finally picked up my repaired bike from the garage and this Friday, I will hopefully hear from the docs that I am fine to ride again.

I'm also now toying with the idea of putting my SV650s back on the road as a second bike, or possibly braking it for parts and as I have a bit more spare time now, so I will likely be around here more.

It'd also be good to catch up with you guys, does anyone know if the SOHO meets still occur and if so what time? I'm probably going to be riding down to London on Friday night next week and it'd be good to show my face.

Cheers,

Ceri
Old 02-02-11, 10:24 AM   #2
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: I'm back, sort of

Welcome back Ceri, nice to see you posting again. Seems you've been through the wringer
Theres a few of the older org members coming back out of the woodwork, soon it'll be like home again

A small fill in on my little life, me and Pegasus had a little boy, and I finally bought my VRaptor...so you didn't miss much

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:33 AM   #3
Ceri JC

Congrats to you both on your new arrival dizzyblonde! Also glad to hear you got the VRaptor, wow you must have been umming and arring about that longer than I was with the GS!
Old 02-02-11, 10:35 AM   #4
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Nah, just needed the love and support to just help me get a pair of balls

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:39 AM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC View Post
It'd also be good to catch up with you guys, does anyone know if the SOHO meets still occur and if so what time? I'm probably going to be riding down to London on Friday night next week and it'd be good to show my face.

Cheers,

Ceri
Yep we still meet, same place and from 6:30 seems to be the norm although you may be on your own or in a small group until 7:30/8

Sorry to hear about the bad stuffs, glad you are mended.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-11, 10:41 AM   #6
Ceri JC

Cheers for clarifying that Soulkiss, I probably won't arrive till about 8-8.30 anyway as I'll be coming from North Manchester.
Old 02-02-11, 10:46 AM   #7
Ed

Hello Ceri
Old 02-02-11, 10:53 AM   #8
Ceri JC

Oh yes, one other thing to mention in my run of bad luck, my best mate Chris Brown (short ginger lad a few of you met at the beacons one time) died in a push bike crash last August. It was him who took my avatar picture, so I think I'll leave it as it is.

Hi Ed!
Old 02-02-11, 10:54 AM   #9
tinpants
Ubique

Hi Ceri, good to have you back again. Sorry to hear about your hard times. Hope to see you soon. Take care dude.
Old 02-02-11, 10:56 AM   #10
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Hey Ceri. Hope the tough times are behind you mate.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote