SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-04-07, 01:28 AM   #1
monkey

Default Intermittent speedo-help please

Hi all. My speedo is only working intermittently. I don't think it's the plug end of the cable that's to blame but possibly where the cable goes into the sensor. I did have a lidl tank bag fitted before it started playing up. I think there is something missing from my bike too that secures the cable. There is one clamp on the fork but there is another threaded hole that looks like it may be for another? Anyone had similar problems? How much is the sensor to replace?

Cheers guys.
Old 30-04-07, 06:22 AM   #2
Tris

Default Re: Intermittent speedo-help please

Mine has fits where it reads anywhere between 0 & 150mph when I'm following a car in a 30mph area

The bad news is that its always recovered by the time I've got home so I'm struggling to work out where the problem is

I'll be interseted to hear where you fault is when you work it out
Old 07-05-07, 09:33 PM   #3
monkey

Mine seems to have cleared up now. Think it's where the cable was pulled. I did check the plug end at it seemed ok. Reckon it's where it was pulled tight at the sensor end. will give it some slack and cable tie it.

Tris, yours sounds like a battery problem or loose connection. When I had a knackered battery the same happened to me. That was a seriously knackered battery though.
Old 16-05-07, 12:26 AM   #4
monkey

It was still a bit dodgy up until recently. Done a trackday at Silverstone and on the way home wahey! Lovely. Every single extra mph showed perfectly.

Weird.