SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-10-07, 08:09 PM   #41
krhall

Default Re: The running thread!

Just been out for my first run in my new trainers and to my delight they are bouncy, well at least until they've done a few miles with my fat ar5e bearing down on them.
Old 09-10-07, 08:56 PM   #42
Ed

I've been a lardass today. Run due tomoz, 4 miles - am in taper mode.
Old 10-10-07, 04:52 PM   #43
sarah

Was wondering if any of you guys say hi to or otherwise acknowledge other runners whilst out running.
Old 10-10-07, 05:01 PM   #44
stewie

Usually too knackered to speak , normally hold a hand up and grimace and kinda grunt a bit, wow not attractive then ?
Old 10-10-07, 05:04 PM   #45
sarah

I wondered if there was some kind of protocol, like bikers nodding at each other.
Old 10-10-07, 06:01 PM   #46
mac99

Depends on the numbers you pass. Out in the country, then yes a nod & grimace. Running round the Downs along with everybody else in the world, then no.

Bit like when do you stop & start nodding when approaching & leaving a bike meet ?
Old 10-10-07, 07:42 PM   #47
krhall

Yeah I normally just raise a hand and smile/grimace. Most joggers are so bored they welcome any form of interaction........I know I do.
Old 10-10-07, 07:54 PM   #48
sarah

I reckon Cardiff must be especially unfriendly. I struggle to even make eye contact with other runners.
Old 10-10-07, 08:27 PM   #49
Ed

Some runners in Shrewsbury nod. Mainly because I know quite a few of them! But others simply ignore everyone. Their loss!
Old 10-10-07, 08:42 PM   #50
darylB

My other half ( BEV) decided a couple of weeks ago that she needed to get fit so we've started jogging, the route we are doing is 2 miles, at first she was needing to stop and walk at least twice but now we only stop once for about 100 yards in the middle, i am so impressed with her cos she is the worlds worst jogger but she is not goin to give up. She wears asics shoes which she finds really comfortable and supportive, i only wish i had a pair, mine are nike which are nowhere near as good. perhaps one day we'll be fit enough to run with Ed but it won't be for a while yet.

Daryl.