SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-03-09, 12:47 PM   #1
daveb

Default Corrosion on K7.

I know we have covered this fairly recently but I am thinking of making a warranty claim due to the paint flaking off on my water pump cover.
It started furring up about 6 months after I bought the bike in March 08 (brand new) and I clean the bike weekly and have been using FS365 weekly all over the bike to protect it but by January this year the paint had started bubbling and is now flaking off quite heavily reveiling nasty bare metal.

Anyway, has anyone else had similar issues on a new bike and made any successful warranty claims - I have rung the dealer I bought the bike from and they said they will take photo's and forward the to Suzuki but I'm yet to take the bike in...what do you recon, is it worth the hastle to follow this up...?
Old 06-03-09, 01:08 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Corrosion on K7...

Not with the water pump cover, but Liz claimed for some new fork stanchions on the warranty as the paint was coming off.

Took a little while for the dealer to sort it and much going backwards and forwards with photos. But they did swap them in the end. Trouble is the stanchions on it now have gone in the same place...

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-09, 04:19 PM   #3
Tiger 55

Default Re: Corrosion on K7...

-Ralph- made a succesful claim for flaking on his forks, yoke and engine cover - linky

Is it worth the hassle? Deffo!