SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-02-06, 01:05 AM   #1
Anonymous

Default At last... i bloomin did it!

You may recall a wee while ago i posted this thread:

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...ight=housemate

Well those who posted decent posts on it, will be pleased to hear that i have today carried out the advice given to me by the majority of you.

I informed him that he had 1 weeks notice before he needs to vacate the property.

I checked with my solicitior, and he confirmed that my propsal was indeed fully legal.

As i am a resident land lord, the only notice i need to give the tenant is that which is stipulated in my contractual agreement between us both.

Since i posted the thread, he has continued to not pull his weight around the house, and he leaves me owing a total of no less than £319.71.

This consists of £58 rent arrears, £130 rent due for february, £24 council tax, and his portion of the utility bill which ive paid, and he has not paid his share.

I've informed him that he should endevour to repay his dues to me, and that failure to do so will result in me selling his debt to a professional debt collection agency.

He's currently upstairs crying.

I have advised him, as a person to person, that instead of pondering on the negatives of his situation, he should instead think of the postives, and sit down, work it out in a logical fashion, and decide what his priorities are, and how he can resolve the situation hes rapidly finding himself in.

I tell ya.. its a huge relief of my shoulder.

On a postive note, i sign contract tomorrow night with a new tenant for my other property. Its been sat vacant for the best part of 6 months now, and im so glad that the end is in sight - of course though, until theres signatures on paperwork, and a firm hand shake.. the deal isnt classed as done.

Either way, im looking to the future.

Old 01-02-06, 03:34 AM   #2
scooby2102

well done mate and dont even feel the slightest bit guilty, free loadin **** got his just desserts, why could he not have sat down and talked about it before instead of out spending - hope he gets priorities sussed for the future

reminds me a wee bit of one of the mates, him and new partner severley miscalculated their income over expenditure to the tune of 35.4k

****s - had to loan him 200 quid for a washing machine (3 kids in household) then wait almost 2 years for payback then when they decide not to pay back the creditors (credit cards etc), then wondered how he got knocked back for a 5k loan to buy his car (was on one of them PPP deals), eventually I had to take a loan and buy HIS car from the credit company although he does pay this back religiously.

Anyway, cutting a long story short - asks for another couple of hundred quid for 4 weeks till pay day, this after buying a dog & vets bills, new kitchen table chairs (kitchen not even big enough to take them - currently sitting in hall !!!) and various other unnecessary (IMHO) kak yet they still manage to smoke 40 ciggies between them each day and fritter away money on total shyte - then there's the Sky bill at 40 per month and the 2 mobiles etc FFS

Was totally skint myself and needless to say the answer was 2 words, single syllable each, last word = OFF
Old 01-02-06, 06:54 AM   #3
Peter Henry

Joe....Not sure whether to congratulate you? Has he agreed to your proposal? Is he going to pay up or are you going to have to resort to third party assistance?
Old 01-02-06, 08:38 AM   #4
Iansv

Well at least the situation will come to a conclusion now....

I walked out on a houseshare due to the other person not pulling his weight, paying his share etc... If he can afford to be out drinking, then he can afford to pay you, simple

hope the other tenant works out
Old 01-02-06, 08:38 AM   #5
Cronos

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby2102
...eventually I had to take a loan and buy HIS car from the credit company although he does pay this back religiously...
This is a seriously bad idea... haven't you ever watched Judge Judy? :P
Old 01-02-06, 08:05 PM   #6
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Hey Joe

Good to hear you finaly put a stop to this and reality has hit home for him.

Hopefuly the tears are not for sympathy but out of an understanding of what a bad thing it is he has done.

My old flatmate tried to do a bunk owing me £3 grand!!!!! The thing that really ticked me off tho was that his cat ahd recently had kittens, not even old enough to give away yet, and he took the kitten he wanted to keep and left the mum and other 4 kittens in the house. Not only was i suposed to get knocked for the money but i was supposed to look after his unwanted cats too.

Yeh right! Wont bore you with the deatils but i gots my money and he got lumbered with all those cats

Keep us posted on what your flatmate proposes to do about this as he may put forward a sensible counter proposal or even just stay and plead he has nowhere to go etc.
Dont forget if he owes you money he's gonna find it hard to come up with a deposit for a new flat, even if hes sharing he'll have to pay his share of the deposit. So be prepared of a counter offer and decide what you are willing to accept before he starts blubbing to try and get your symapthy vote.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-06, 11:01 PM   #7
scooby2102

cronos wrote:
Quote:
This is a seriously bad idea... haven't you ever watched Judge Judy?
cronos, thought of that but he's been a really close mate for over 10 years and since most of the debt was down to his daft bint and losing the car (which was the only part of the debt due to him) could have cost him his job, well, helped him out on that occasion but he is under no illusion that it gets sold if he defaults

Joe, sorry if it seems I hijacked your thread, all the best mate, hope it works out ok for the both of you
Old 02-02-06, 09:37 AM   #8
Anonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Joe....Not sure whether to congratulate you? Has he agreed to your proposal? Is he going to pay up or are you going to have to resort to third party assistance?
hes agreed to it, cos he knows hes not got a leg to stand on - reality has finally caught up with him. However, i dont expect to get the money back without it going to a debt collector. Past experience says that he wont pay it back - take last night for example: I went to the pub to sign contract with a new tenant and collect first months rent and bond, who was in there pi55ed out of their head... Yup - my housemate. He went to the bar and paid for another pint with a £20 note. (funny gareth, if you got cash to get drunk.. how about chipping away at what you owe me to save you from getting a visit from some nasty men??)

He doesnt think things through logically. Perhaps after this whole affair is totally wrapped up, he will reconsider before he tries this stunt again.