SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 10-12-04, 02:48 PM   #1
Roo

Default Servicing in West London

7,500 mile service due soon can anyone reccommend somewhere to get it done within reasonable reach of Fulham? I know there is Chelea Scooters at Wandsworth Bridge but not sure about reputation - price, quality etc, any suggestions or comments welcome.
Old 10-12-04, 04:09 PM   #2
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Camden too far for you to whizz over to?
i'm in northwest and was looking for somewhere north/nw or west but this was the best for me as i was working near here at the time too.

I just got mine seviced by Lazer in Camden and they were good and friendly and not too expensive i dont think.

I bought the bike with 7,100 miles on it but the owner before me harbly used it and it had very squared off tyres. So i skipped the 7500 service as it ddnt seem like it needed it at all.

Took it in at 10,000 and its fine and dandy.

No link to give a he is sorting out his wesite at mo but nice bunch there.
The fact he called and said the back brakes were a little low and did i want them doing too and gave me a price made me feel a lot better too.

i know i woiuldnt be recommending them if they just went ahead and did it and just charged me. I hate that sort of place.

If you need there number let me know.
hth
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-04, 04:40 PM   #3
Jelster

Try calling Rob @ Berrington Smith Motorcyles. He's based in Hanwell and very fair. He looks after my GSXR, and about 4 or 5 SV's from this site, plus Topcats Fireblade.

0208 567 8432 or 07734 915536

Tell him Steve sent you.....

Old 10-12-04, 05:14 PM   #4
Topcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Try calling Rob @ Berrington Smith Motorcyles. He's based in Hanwell and very fair. He looks after my GSXR, and about 4 or 5 SV's from this site, plus Topcats Fireblade.

Can throughly recommend Rob . Top man, very thorough and very reasonable .
Old 11-12-04, 05:15 PM   #5
Shuggie

I've used Chelsea Scoters to service my last SV. They seemed to do an ok job although not the friendliest bunch. Also when I went to pick it up, I couldn't leave work before they closed for the day so they left if parked opposite by the estate and left my keys in the chippie up the road!!! Luckily it was still there when I came to pick it up. I wanted to pick it up the next day but they woudn't lock it up in the shop overnight. I would use the other suggestions on this post.
Old 11-12-04, 07:15 PM   #6
AlanSv

I Popped into see Rob this morning, hes done all my services on my SV1000s so far (16,000miles)
Old 11-12-04, 07:20 PM   #7
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster

Tell him Steve sent you.....

I too have had dealings with Rob, (thanks Topcat) top bloke, honest and very fair prices