SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 01-05-12, 10:01 AM   #31
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: Ride out this afternoon/early evening?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneL View Post
It's looking like a no from me. The Mrs is in a mood with because I'm out on the bike any chance I get.

If I am going to be able to venture out at the weekend I need to spend lots of time with her this week.
Plan-B.

go for Wednesday. Is bike meet day at Alton and Loomies. AND more importantly this is not just a ride this is a coaching session with an advanced riding coach (Me) to evaluate your current riding style and suggest ways of improving your safety. What wife could possibly deny the value in that? If she's up for it I could take her on pillion so you can spend more time with her too

Probably a bit too soon in your riding career to get involved in any sort of IAM/ROSPA coaching although the sooner you get some training the fewer bad habits need to be corrected.

Tom and others, you interested in Wedensday even if Wayne can't get a pass?
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-12, 12:56 PM   #32
Winder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Plan-B.

go for Wednesday. Is bike meet day at Alton and Loomies. AND more importantly this is not just a ride this is a coaching session with an advanced riding coach (Me) to evaluate your current riding style and suggest ways of improving your safety. What wife could possibly deny the value in that? If she's up for it I could take her on pillion so you can spend more time with her too

Probably a bit too soon in your riding career to get involved in any sort of IAM/ROSPA coaching although the sooner you get some training the fewer bad habits need to be corrected.

Tom and others, you interested in Wedensday even if Wayne can't get a pass?
I may well go for this on another Wednesday if it's possible. A car pulled out in front of me a year ago breaking me and my bike. Other party has finally paid out and I am collecting my new bike this Sunday. If I'm honest I'm sh1tting myself about getting back on a bike but I miss it so much and know I'll be fine once I get going. Maybe a few pointers from someone like yourself would make it all a bit easier for me.

Thanks

Mark
Old 01-05-12, 02:13 PM   #33
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Winder - No problem with a gentle "getting back in the saddle" ride. Can thoroughly recommend IAM through TVAM (tvam.org) for getting your confidence back. Mind you IAM is not for everyone as I'm sure someone will leap in to state shortly.

Tonight is looking less likely for me so will have to see how Wednesday pans out.

Wayne, get working on that Wednesday pass.

Wednesday any good for anyone else? Not sure if Alton is running Summer calendar yet or not but either way Loomies is open late for a bacon butty / coffee anyway.

We could be in danger of resurrecting social riding within the Guildford Massive!!
Old 01-05-12, 02:19 PM   #34
WayneL

My mrs has come round to the idea now. She says I can go out. So I could stay in tonight and go tomorrow if people are going.
Old 01-05-12, 02:35 PM   #35
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Sorted. Lets pencil in 18:00 at the Oatsheaf pub in Fleet (Cross roads at top of the high street.) I think that may be a bit early for Tom but we can have a chat while he drags himself away from work.

Just to to forewarn if I end up having to work I may need to bail at the last minute. Whose coming ?
Old 01-05-12, 02:46 PM   #36
WayneL

Quote:

We could be in danger of resurrecting social riding within the Guildford Massive!!
I certainly hope so.
Old 01-05-12, 06:44 PM   #37
BBadger

Quote:

its the most active ive ever seen the GM in years!
But im sure you'll all see your mistake and join the Soho Massive
Old 01-05-12, 07:13 PM   #38
WayneL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBadger View Post
its the most active ive ever seen the GM in years!
But im sure you'll all see your mistake and join the Soho Massive
I would be more than happy to join in some London antics, but it's also nice to be able to do some local stuff when the weather is good as it doesn't really need much planning.
Old 01-05-12, 10:33 PM   #39
Tomor
Mega Poster

Hi guys, apologies for not coming out. Did you go out or Wayne can you do tomorrow?
Old 02-05-12, 07:47 AM   #40
WayneL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomor View Post
Hi guys, apologies for not coming out. Did you go out or Wayne can you do tomorrow?
Well I have booked a pass with the wife, but the weather isn't looking great. We'll see.