SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Do you like/trust our Government?
Yes - I believe they are doing the right things 1 1.52%
Yes - upto a point 2 3.03%
Not sure 4 6.06%
No - I dont like them... 14 21.21%
No - Almost everything they do is wrong. I dont trust or like them, better be gone soon! 45 68.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 23-04-09, 12:48 AM   #1
ThEGr33k

Default What do you think to this Government?

Im starting to get sick to death with all the snooping and controling they are doing. Its like there is no faith in the people... i think this countries moral is at an all time low! I personally cannot wait to see the back of Labour. I hope the party dies, they have introduced so many laws in the last couple of years that it is just taking the micky.

What has really got my back up is this speed limit cut and camera instalation thing. Average speed camera's, brill, it means we are looking at our speedo's for longer periods of time! Grrrr (for more info http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...wpost&t=130210)

So have your vote on what you think!
Old 23-04-09, 03:50 AM   #2
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: What do you think to this Government?

Well, I personally don't like the Government because it's never a down to earth person who's in power, it's never what the people want, etc etc.

If these average speed cameras become more widespread than just the C&F run, all we as motorists (and motorcyclists) is simply not stand up to it. If we all abuse the cameras and protest, they're not going to arrest some 5,000 odd people and argue with another 30,000, if we all get together and have a proper big rally thing.

As Frankie Boyle said on Mock the Week, on "Bad things for Gordon Brown to say"...

"You thought Tony Blair was a c###, watch this! "

As I was talking to some colleagues at work today, there's never a happy medium. Government in itself, in it's very nature, will only ever satisfy at least 51% of the people. The other 49% will be ****ed off so there's a constant battle. A people's government is what's needed.
Old 23-04-09, 05:09 AM   #3
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiebridges123 View Post
..... in it's very nature, will only ever satisfy at least 51% of the people. The other 49% will be ****ed off so there's a constant battle. A people's government is what's needed.
That doesn't make any sense. Depends on what % of the population voted for said government i.e if 95% voted for party A and therefore party A get's into power, then would not 95% be happy? Even then, it is done by constituency so actual % may vary.

What I do love is how you guys boil down an entire government's policies and popularity to whatever their policy is regarding speeding!
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-09, 05:55 AM   #4
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
What I do love is how you guys boil down an entire government's policies and popularity to whatever their policy is regarding speeding!

No, not for me, there are many many little things leading upto this, its just the speeding and the attempt to criminalise practiacally everyone in the country thats been the last straw for me. Im pretty sure if things dont improve ill be moving away, this country really is a joke.
Old 23-04-09, 06:45 AM   #5
madness

To me, there seems to be a complete lack of common sense when it comes to making policies and laws. I think that people also go into politics for the wrong reason. Nowdays they see it as a good career and one in which they can make lots of money (at the taxpayers expense). I had various conversations with 'normal' people who have had some really good ideas about what should be done by the government. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter which party is in power, they are all useless.
Old 23-04-09, 07:45 AM   #6
ThEGr33k

Aye... but they usually start out with good intentions. They should get the boot as soon as they start getting ****. The people should get to choose when to vote too not the Government!!!
Old 23-04-09, 07:49 AM   #7
Kinvig

Are we talking about the "Brown" government - or hte "new labour" goverment as a whole since 1997?

The constant sneaking Mandleson et al back into the party fold makes me think that the same king makers behind the scenes are still in power and nothing much has changed.

I couldn't vote for Cameron's party, I don't think they've actually learned from last time. I guess I would have to go Green or Lib dem.
Old 23-04-09, 07:51 AM   #8
timwilky
Mega Poster

any new government can instantly save a few billion by scrapping the stupid id card system.

then start scrapping all the other stupid unnecessary bureaucracy and instant money saving without impacting delivery of front line services
Old 23-04-09, 07:53 AM   #9
Magnum

Not being sarcastic, but has there ever been a government that people actually like? No leader seems to be getting any support as far as i know.
Old 23-04-09, 07:58 AM   #10
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Not being sarcastic, but has there ever been a government that people actually like? No leader seems to be getting any support as far as i know.
Chuchill seemed quite popular!