SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 03-01-23, 08:24 PM   #8231
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Oh dear. I took a Vito B apart and ended up giving it to JR to play with.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 09:50 PM   #8232
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Not sure I remember than Kenzie, are you getting mixed up with the Contina?

Yoko - thanks for the tip, the service manual shows a screw on the front, but all I see is the red dot, how is that supposed to work?

I serviced a Vito once, you mean the compact one with the counter wheel on the front? Thought it was ok. If you can move the escapement back and forth a bit then yes you can position it so that it won't work. Later cameras just have the escapement fitting in one position but on older shutters like on folders, you adjust the position to adjust the timing. This is principally for the 1 second setting, the others should then be right.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-23, 10:05 PM   #8233
Kenzie

Pretty sure I did. Yeah, the frame counter is on the lens. With the red dot thing, it's usually a little red sticker over the screw. A small blob of iso should lose it up, or if you damage it then a drop of red nail polish should do.

Old 03-01-23, 10:19 PM   #8234
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Ah right, I did wonder! Checked my Contessa LKE, the one I took to Spain. The shutter speeds are slow, so 1/30 is more like 1/15, so my indoor pics have a lot of motion blur. The focus is miles off as well, the distance doesn't match the scale but the RF doesn't match the film plane so it's all gone to pot. I never serviced it but have used it before. The earlier pics on the roll are better, maybe it was jigged about too much on my bike on holiday, although I tried to pack it in my clothes. The RF is operated by a slope on the back of the focus ring so it's a bit of a fiddle to adjust both, and I can see how it could lose the plot if anything moves. The Contessa LBE uses the same focus and RF linkage as the Contessamat and is much better. TBH I'm wondering about keeping some of these and sticking with SLRs and maybe my trusty Konica S, although if an aperture blade pin shears I won't be saying that, I spent a year repairing it for that when I first got it!
Old 04-01-23, 07:41 PM   #8235
yokohama

I've got next week off work. I need sun and a not so long flight so booked a hol in Gran Canaria this morning. I want to travel fairly light so will take the EM10, Panny 12-32 zoom (maybe another lens) and something analogue and small. X300 has a film in it so maybe that with the 45mm pancake or the pocketable Ricoh 500g.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-23, 09:39 PM   #8236
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Snaps got back to me about the pics, said it looked like transfer from the backing paper, but they couldn't see anything they had done wrong. Contacted Ilford and sent a couple of pics, they got back to me today and confirmed that's what it was. They're sending a couple of replacement rolls out, anyone want the old ones? 2x FP4 ISo125 120 film, might be spotty. Expires June but I always keep it in the fridge.
Old 18-01-23, 08:45 PM   #8237
yokohama

That's good of Ilford. Decent customer service for a change.
I got back from Gran Canaria at the weekend. I based myself in Las Palmas and caught buses out to different places each day. Did a bit of wandering around and some hiking. I finished a 36 roll of Fujicolor which I'll get developed shortly. I took the Minolta X300 with a 45mm pancake, mainly because it fits nicely in a jacket pocket but most shots were landscapes or cityscapes and I wish I'd taken something wider.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-23, 09:02 PM   #8238
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Sounds great! I had a nice long break over Christmas, a month off as I was changing jobs. Could have done it for longer!
Old 23-01-23, 02:19 PM   #8239
Kenzie

I've just got back from Ticehurst, East Sussex. Took a Perkeo with and a roll of Fomapan 200 and a roll of Kentmere 100. It was so cold that I was having trouble with the double exposure lock.

Old 23-01-23, 11:17 PM   #8240
Kenzie

A few shots from my Yashica Y35 Digifilm camera.