SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-04-23, 05:10 PM   #3301
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Default Re: The All New Megathread

I was dismayed to see frost and thick mist this morning on opening the curtains. Thankfully it soon warmed up and the sun burned away the mist. I had lubed the chain in autumn as I rolled him into the garage and under the covers so all Hugh needed this morning was a check of the tyre pressures and a prod of the button, and my riding season has finally begun!

The cafe at Woburn Triumph was packed with like minded souls. It even had a guy in a V8 hotrod and several cyclists too. Several nice back roads later on the return run, via a Hertfordshire bicycle shop I picked at random to get some better chain lube (the Muc Off Dry Lube bottle is now in the bin - utter rubbish) and I'm a happy chappie.

Hope you all get chance for a rideout of two if you've got nice weather like we do here in South Bucks.
Old 08-04-23, 08:12 PM   #3302
garynortheast
Mega Poster

No time for a ride here Trevor unfortunately. I spent a good chunk of the day working at a local repair cafe, and by the time I got home it was too late. I went into the garden instead and sieved and shovelled more soil into the newest raised bed.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-23, 03:39 PM   #3303
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

You ride a bit (lot) more year round than me Gary, so you more than make up on that front And all that work in the garden will be well worth it for years to come.

Happy to report the new bicycle chain lube has made the push iron a LOT quieter and easier to shift gear too. Lovely day for a gentle ride down a repurposed railway line, especially with a pint and some reviving fries with Lady Poppy at the halfway point, before we set off back again.

Looks like this is the last of the nice days, weather-wise, for a week or so which means tomorrow will be a Spring cleaning day. Yuck!
Old 09-04-23, 10:52 PM   #3304
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
You ride a bit (lot) more year round than me Gary, so you more than make up on that front And all that work in the garden will be well worth it for years to come.

Happy to report the new bicycle chain lube has made the push iron a LOT quieter and easier to shift gear too. Lovely day for a gentle ride down a repurposed railway line, especially with a pint and some reviving fries with Lady Poppy at the halfway point, before we set off back again.

Looks like this is the last of the nice days, weather-wise, for a week or so which means tomorrow will be a Spring cleaning day. Yuck!
Yes indeed, the work in the garden should set me up for some time to come. I'm keen to get the bulk of it sorted asap though, as I would like it in shape before I get an allotment.
With the forecast for the next couple of days looking pretty poor, I think I've missed my chance to get out for a sunny ride on the SV, and gardening will probably have to wait until it dries up a bit once more.

I think I also need to get both of my bicycles out, clean and service them and start riding them again.
Old 10-04-23, 06:49 AM   #3305
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Morning orgers....

Wet here this morning so it's going to be indoor/under cover jobs today.
Old 10-04-23, 09:14 AM   #3306
Craig380
Mega Poster

Morning Gary, same here, looks set for rain all this week. I did get out over the weekend though for a ride to Porthmadog via Bala and the B4391, and yesterday to the Ponderosa and Nant-y-Garth pass, so that scratched the itch somewhat ...
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-23, 01:38 PM   #3307
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Been tipping it down most of the day here. So, spring cleaning has indeed been the order of the day. The window fitters are coming in six weeks or so and could not get to the study window. Have moved the furniture round to rectify things but now have to thin out all the odds and sods I had to hoik out to do so. What a lot of junk I had in there!
Old 11-04-23, 09:10 PM   #3308
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
CBR600 nearly back together. Leaving the fairings off for now (so I can do a bit more on the shock etc), apart from the front which has the indicators and headlight on. Just the V5 transfer needed so I can tax it and it's time to book the MOT. It'll be it's first one for over 3 years.
Adam, how's the Honda coming along? Has it been MoT'd yet?
Old 20-04-23, 06:34 AM   #3309
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I've just started getting Tapatalk notifications again. There was an app update the other day so I assume they finally fixed the bug.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
Old 20-04-23, 07:10 AM   #3310
garynortheast
Mega Poster

I've never used Tapatalk. Not sure if the current version of the app would work on my 6 year old Samsung Galaxy!