SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-04-07, 02:52 AM   #1
gomez

Default Re: Slippy **** on gel seat syndrome

I've not tried the OEM gel seat in the wet, as I returned one and got a refund from Suzuki as it was just not comfotable, too hard from start to finish on a run. According to the Vstrom International site they are made in the USA by Saddleman of California (does it rain there?) for Suzuki. So it's just like sending a seat off to any seat company to be modified some do a good job, some don't. I once modified a seat with closed cell foam this is used for orthopedic beds etc it's exspensive stuff and difficult to get the seat looking good but is great for comfort.
Old 12-06-07, 05:00 PM   #2
danf1234

Default Slippy **** on gel seat syndrome

I have just got a new set of Frank Thomas Titanium leathers. Really nice really comfy really expensive etc etc.

However I went out today on the bike and my **** was slipping about on my seat like a good un. I have the OEM Gel seat on my K6. Whenever I let the engine braking slow me down my **** flew forward and slammed my ******** into the tank. It also felt like I was sliding foreward all the time.

Is there something they put on new leathers I need to get off, or do I have a deformed ****. Either way it never happen withmy textiles.
Old 12-06-07, 05:12 PM   #3
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf1234 View Post
I have just got a new set of Frank Thomas Titanium leathers. Really nice really comfy really expensive etc etc.

However I went out today on the bike and my **** was slipping about on my seat like a good un. I have the OEM Gel seat on my K6. Whenever I let the engine braking slow me down my **** flew forward and slammed my ******** into the tank. It also felt like I was sliding foreward all the time.

Is there something they put on new leathers I need to get off, or do I have a deformed ****. Either way it never happen withmy textiles.
I have the same problem if I have to wear my all-in-one waterproof oversuit thingy (castration suit would probably me a better name for it!), but it's fine if I'm wearing just leathers or textiles.

It's probably coincidence that the two materials slip over each other easily. You could try covering your seat in some of that non-slip webbing stuff. I think a couple of people on here have done it already (I think Quiff covered his pillion seat in the stuff for the same reason).
Old 12-06-07, 06:31 PM   #4
Tim in Belgium

I find when I clean/waterproof my leathers I have a slippy bum for the first couple of rides but it then soon grips again, give it a few rides and see how it progresses.
Old 12-06-07, 09:18 PM   #5
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I found my leathers slid a bit on the OEM gel seat on the curvey. Fixed by gripping the tank properly with the knees.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote