SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-04-06, 01:32 PM   #1
zunkus

Default Triumph Daytona 675 'Bike' Review.

Was wondering wether you've got a copy of the 'BIKE' magazine featuring the 32 page mag on the Triumph Daytona 675? Maybe you'd have time to scan a readable copy for me as I can't get my hands on a copy. It's incredible; the only copy I've missed of Bike magazine and there's this great read on one of the best if not the best bikes that came from England. I'd be really pleased if you can help. Disregard if I'm asking too much.
Old 18-04-06, 01:43 PM   #2
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Next door neighbour works for Triumph and has got one... All I can say is it looks and sounds spot on... looks tiny though!!!

Can't help you with the magazine article though
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-06, 01:46 PM   #3
Mr Toad

I'll drop you a PM tonight

Nice bike by the way
Old 18-04-06, 02:48 PM   #4
zunkus

Love you guys!

Wow Steve! Are you buddies? Maybe he'll let you go for a spin? Try to snap some pictures will ya and ask him what he thinks of it! Its my dream bike at the moment.
Old 18-04-06, 03:11 PM   #5
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus
Love you guys!

Wow Steve! Are you buddies? Maybe he'll let you go for a spin? Try to snap some pictures will ya and ask him what he thinks of it! Its my dream bike at the moment.
Have you seen one in the flesh yet? I agree they're lovely looking and if they're half as good as the reviews say, it'll be superb to ride too. However, they are tiny. They look more like a 250 than a SS600! I'm no giant (6'2 and 14 stone), but I'd look stupid on one. Non-bikers will also think you have a "toy" rather than proper bike if the pose value is a decider for you. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they made it, but it's not for me.
Old 18-04-06, 03:22 PM   #6
zunkus

Against me you are a giant mate!! I'm only 5'10 and weigh 71Kg!! So I guess it would fit me like a glove. I like 250's in fact I'm still intears of having to part with my old Aprilia 250 stroker. I was imagining that the Triumph is the same size as a Ducati 916? As for the pose value, I like the bike and don't give a **** what the uneducated think.

Oh there is still not one Triumph Daytona on the island. There's a dealer though and when asked if he's going to get one he said it will only come on order.
Old 18-04-06, 03:48 PM   #7
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zunkus
Love you guys!

I can only hope...
Will see if I can catch him with it out on a nice day

Before he took it out he already modified the exhaust to a single pipe under the seat and had the fairings stickered up...

It's quite a bit smaller than the R6 if that gives you a rough idea of size !
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-06, 05:08 PM   #8
Cazza

A friend of mine picked his up last week (from the dealers, not the ground ) - hoping to go out for pootle with him soon.

Will report back... (once I've got over the intense feelings of envy).
Old 19-04-06, 07:43 AM   #9
lukemillar

I have a copy you can have, if you're still looking.

pm me an address
Old 19-04-06, 09:54 AM   #10
Razor

It's a good British bike from all accounts built for Japanese sized people...