Red Herring
Mega Poster

Default Re: Any ideas for the rest of the year - Donington

How about Donnington on the 28th with No Limits? Only £89
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-11, 03:53 PM   #12
The Idle Biker

Yeah, thought about it but I noticed there was racing at Snetterton on the Sunday 30th October, then the £59 trackday on the Monday 31st. So plan to go up on Sunday, pitch the tent, watch the racing, BBQ, drink a few beers (but not many) then yehaaa out on the track Monday morning.

It just got to be done. 3 of us going, anyone else fancy it?
Old 22-10-11, 04:47 PM   #13
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
How about Donnington on the 28th with No Limits? Only £89
I may be in for this one. Just started a new job so hopefully have a first wage slip by then.
Old 28-10-11, 06:59 AM   #14
The Idle Biker

And the weather forecast for Snetterton on Monday is........Dry! £59 for a day on a twisty track, bring it on.
Old 28-10-11, 08:22 AM   #15
Whitty

I have been on no limits facebook page and they say donny on nov 2nd is still on with plenty spaces! They said the mix up was due to their website playing up.
Old 28-10-11, 09:40 AM   #16
The Idle Biker

They're a bit of a farce at the moment. My mate thought the same, he tried to book and was told yesterday, no the 2nd is definitely off. Jokers.
Old 28-10-11, 10:52 PM   #17
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Well I had a great day at Donnington today with No Limits. Bit dodgy in the morning, cold and damp, but the sun came out, a dry line appeared and the last two sessions were stunning, even if the fast group only got to see one chequered flag all day! As a bonus several BSB teams were there testing for the Macau GP so rubbing shoulders with John McGuinness and Ian Hutchinson was all part of the fun....
Old 28-10-11, 11:13 PM   #18
The Idle Biker

Niiiice, I'm really excited about Snett' on Monday but I would have been even more so if it was Donnington.

Sounds like there was a few Red Flags a flying.
Old 29-10-11, 10:00 AM   #19
Red Herring
Mega Poster

There sure were.... in their defence, and I'm not a great sympathizer of those that chuck it on trackdays, conditions were testing at the start. I love Donnington because you don't actually need to be going that fast to get that great smooth feeling you get when you link Redgate to Mcleans cleanly without once travelling upright and I just concentrated on enjoying that rather than a fast lap time. It was just to cold and greasy, not really wet enough for wets although most did put them on, but whatever tyre you were on was going to slide eventually so I stayed on my slicks and slid a whole lot earlier than most.....
Old 03-11-11, 10:49 AM   #20
The Idle Biker

Well I had a blinding day at Snetterton on Monday. We went down on the Sunday afternoon, watched the tail end of an Endurance race and then set up camp in one of the pit lane Garages. Yes I pitched the tent in the Garage, nice and cosy.

Headed of to a Hungry Horse and had a few Stellas to help us sleep. Woke up to find the paddock area damp and the sky ominously dark and gloomy. I hate riding in the Wet!

Briefing and noise testing over there was still no break in the cloud, but no rain either. Feeling apprehensive about the session I started in the Novices.

Bad move, very hairy scary, my little SRAD isn't the quickest but I was quick enough to catch up with others and overtaking other novices who change line mid corner is not fun. My track craft isn't great, so I ended up getting a bit frustrated. It culminated on a fastish left hander when I went around the outside of a guy and he straightened up and sent me offline and onto the grass at about 70mph. ***k me I thought as I bounced along and back onto the track, that was close.

From then on I decided to get out early in the group and stay clear of as many bikes as I could and just concentrate on riding. That seemed to work better, but I'm definitely going in the Inters from now on. There were too many crashes in the Novices on Monday for my liking

The Sun came out for a while and it stayed dry all day. 6 sessions and I was totally knackered at the end of it. I'm hooked, 4 track days since August and I just don't want to do anything else but get ready for the next one. I'll never be the fastest, but I'm sure having fun.

Oh and one of the teams from the Sunday Endurance race left behind a brand new Metzler Interact 120. I've let Hottraax know, but if it's not claimed, I get a new tyre for my efforts. Niiiiice.

I'll post up a video once I've sorted it, just in case you have nothing better to do than watch me bimble around. Here's an out of focus pic. Right, I fancy Anglessey next.....but only in the dry....