SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-06-08, 10:51 PM   #1
SV-net

Default Mothercare - Incorrect Information - Should I Complain

My wife went to Mothercare today and was told by a staff member that our five year old daughter was not allowed to travel in the front of the car. And that if stopped my wife would face a fixed penalty and 3 points. My wifes car has an airbag which can be switched off and a seat belt/relevant child restraint support is always used.

I now this is wrong and have since checked on the government DOT website here http://www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk/ca...ldcarseats.htm this is somewhat concerning as Mothercare are a major retailer and child safety is something they really should be knowing about in the eyes of the law. It took me all of about 1 minute to discover they were wrong.

Should I visit the store just to hand them a printout fo the rules? Or am I just a moaning git..... Most people just take what these people say as correct !
Old 29-06-08, 11:05 PM   #2
Frank

Default Re: Mothercare - Incorrect Information - Should I Complain

hi mate,the problem with alot of these national shops is that the peoplrein them are not experts but sales people.I have had alot of trouble in my job when people are sold things that just arnt correct.
I would go down there ,ask them the same questions as your wife and see what answers you get.If they get it wrong again ,I would slap your printout down on the desk
and ask for an explanation.
Old 29-06-08, 11:16 PM   #3
SV-net

Yeah the Mrs was quite upset that she thought she had been breaking the law for ages.
I appreciate they are just sales but if they dont know they should not say anything. My wife never asked the lady just took it upon herself to tell her (the wrong info)!
Old 30-06-08, 08:07 AM   #4
Ch00

Shock tactic so you then feel you have to buy what they are selling to make it right again.

Ch00
Old 30-06-08, 08:40 AM   #5
kitkat

i would write a letter to their head office. they might then offer staff training in the right information. Dont want her telling someone else the same thing