SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 11-06-08, 10:02 PM   #11
rob13

Default Re: Videos, photos and ramblings on my Trackday at Croft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Looking forward to them. Thanks for bringing your camera down and making the effort.

Have you managed to fix/mod your ride height adjuster ?
Yeah, firmly adjusted it with a nut & bolt. Was going to go for a softer setting but the last time I messed with the setup, it all ended in disaster

The main issue I had with taking the shots was panning quick enough, as it just isnt happening at the moment. Think I needed longer to get used to messing around with the settings too but ill put them over anyway. Different shots from the pro anyway in that the 2nd set are from the rear.
Old 12-06-08, 09:48 AM   #12
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Looking forward to them. Thanks for bringing your camera down and making the effort.

Have you managed to fix/mod your ride height adjuster ?
If you buy some of the £100 ones, then it'll enhance your remaining TD experience and as a part of the overall cost, be feck all .. especially as (presuming you don't break them) you will prolly be able to sell them on to a fellow .orger for £50+ ... so we are talking £50 spread across what 5 trackdays?? ... £10 extra a trackday is feck all
Old 12-06-08, 09:07 PM   #13
Tim in Belgium

Some more pics from a guy who was watching his wife, one with the SP I overtook which was sporting a great paintjob:

The ubiquitous knee down shots.

And Blue, as for the rear set purchasing philosophy, I may take it on. Which can you get for 100 GBP? I presume I'll need a Banjo switch for them too.
Old 12-06-08, 10:03 PM   #14
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
And Blue, as for the rear set purchasing philosophy, I may take it on. Which can you get for 100 GBP? I presume I'll need a Banjo switch for them too.
Just eBay ones, I have seen the chepo ones elsewhere too ..

looking at your pics, you most deffo need a set!! ... I mean look at this!!

Old 13-06-08, 12:53 PM   #15
Zombie Jesus

looks like a good track too bad it's ridiculously far from me
Old 14-06-08, 09:58 PM   #16
Tim in Belgium

Personally I think it is a great track, very flowing with some great corners and good for spectators too.
Old 23-06-08, 05:31 PM   #17
SP33DY

Quote:
Some more pics from a guy who was watching his wife, one with the SP I overtook which was sporting a great paintjob:

The ubiquitous knee down shots.

Gotta love those pics mate, I'm actually the fat lad on the srad 600 trying to ride round the out side of you at hawthorn.

Had a bit of an off in session 2 and really knocked my confidence for session 3, then when you done me on the brakes on the start/finish it spurred me into action again so cheers bud.

Heres a couple of pics of me

Old 23-06-08, 08:12 PM   #18
Tim in Belgium

Had some fun with you sp33dy, you came by me in a few of the sessions and kind of dragged me along! Pretty speedy at times from what I saw to go with your name, I was amazed at the spread of abilities in the intermediates, it was my first time so I wasn't sure what to expect, 69 bhp (claimed!) of SV POWER held its head up high.

Off back there on the Fri 4th July as long as the SV survives a 3rd encounter with the Nurburgring next weekend.....
Old 23-06-08, 08:33 PM   #19
Dan

That chap on the ZX7 didn't even have his pegs down round Tower. Pu$$y.

(Mind, he didn't have the rest of him down on the grass at Tower, either!)
Old 23-06-08, 08:48 PM   #20
SP33DY

Had a blast mate it was my first time in the inters to, and only my second trackday ever!

I feel pretty much the same as you with the people in the inters being more cosistent and predictable.

Must apologise for getting the second session red flagged, after we got back out after the first red flag I was stuck behind a blade so tried to pass him on the brakes at the end of the start/finish only for him to nip my nose a bit (not intentially) which resulted me giving it the big heave ho on the brakes, this in turn bottomed my front forks out, a sensation which will stay with me forever as the only way i can describe it is as if a caliper had came off and was banging off the forks with every rotation. So i let them of and sort of coasted into the gravel at about 50MPH.

Think you were doing a sterling job on the little sv here s a pic of you giving one of those srads a bit of a run

Just look at that determination, did you have any pegs left at the end of the day?

Will be at croft on the 3rd july doing the hottrax training day so hopefully will go well.

If your really into your trackdays theres a forum of like minded enthuisiasts called throttlemonkey.co.uk, their loads of help and they do td's all over.

SP33DY