SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 02-09-07, 05:16 PM   #1
Zombie Jesus

Cool Pembrey trackday photos

Photos from last weekend, my second trackday at Pembrey circuit which is about 20mins from the M4 past Swansea:

It's a fairly easy track to learn, got to grips with it the first session and in the second session I managed to get my knee down for the first time ever at hatchets hairpin . Over the remainder of the day I managed to get my knee down on every corner except the two left handers and woodlands.

Woodlands at 100-130mph depending on how brave you are:

Dibeni II: long left hander and the most difficult corner on the track to get right.

Guy I met who was a trackday first timer takes an alternative line around the hairpin.

Esses @ around 75mph

Me attempting to overtake another gsxr coming out of brookland's hairpin when shortly after I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear, losing the momentum needed to pass on the straight

More knee down action at brooklands:

All in all a productive day at the office. covered about 300 miles total in that day 160-170 of that was on the track over 6 sessions. Considerably improved my cornering technique over the course of the day and highlighted some areas for improvement.
Old 02-09-07, 05:24 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: Pembrey trackday photos

Some good shots there, sounds like you had fun.
Old 02-09-07, 07:34 PM   #3
Alpinestarhero

Great pictures!

Matt
Old 05-09-07, 06:22 AM   #4
falc

Very nice pics, liking it
Old 05-09-07, 01:56 PM   #5
Pedrosa

Looks like a good day was had. Out of curiosity only, from turn 3 to the start of turn 4 are you able to be on the gas whilst continually still leaned over?
Old 05-09-07, 05:10 PM   #6
Zombie Jesus

On the gas but only slightly as I would to link the exit out of corner 3 to the line through the next corner and gradually roll on the throttle through to the apex. Then cracking open the throttle when the corner open which throws you over the right hand side of the track past the rallycross entrance.

That section could be done 100+. I never really got the hang of it though, due to my right hand cornering technique feeling way more awkward than my left (too many roundabouts ) and the marker points being out of sight and far apart.

Honda curve was where I used the most throttle while leaned over. Got me knee down there at 85-90mph after a couple of goes
Old 05-09-07, 05:13 PM   #7
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
how was it compared to llandow?
Old 05-09-07, 05:54 PM   #8
Zombie Jesus

Better in every department really, more variation in corners, faster corners and longer straights.

Only minus points about the track were the lack of left handers and no elevation change as the track is just off an air field and so is completely flat.
Old 05-09-07, 06:47 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

I like this shot the most

Is it a GIXER thou or 750?

Pembrey is a nice little track, just a shame it is in Wales and they charge you big money to get in ... presumably to try and discourage the English from visiting their country!!

Woodlands needs full commitment to go flat out through, but very rewarding once you pluck up the courage!!!